ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student to Indefinite leave

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

christien
Newly Registered

Student to Indefinite leave

Post by christien » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Recenttly got married. My husband has indefinite leave to remain while I have student visa which will expire this july. We have a son together and he has british citizenship. I have been in the UK since 2010 and has not left the country. Can I apply for indefinite leave to remain here in the UK?[/i]

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

No. You need to switch on FLR(m) and will only qualify for ilr after 5 years in this category.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Certainly not and you will have to undergo all the changes that UKBA introduced in July 2012.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

christien
Newly Registered

Post by christien » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:40 pm

How long can I stay in the UK undr the flr(m) category? I seriously have to idea regarding this. Thanks for your help.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 am

christien wrote:How long can I stay in the UK undr the flr(m) category? I seriously have to idea regarding this. Thanks for your help.
You have Tier-4 student visa and your college/university is your sponsor.

You got married. So you need to switch to right category which is Spouse visa and your husband become your sponsor.

According to new rules (2012) you need to to spend total of 5 years on this spouse category visa to get ILR in UK.

christien
Newly Registered

Post by christien » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Deviser wrote:
christien wrote:How long can I stay in the UK undr the flr(m) category? I seriously have to idea regarding this. Thanks for your help.
You have Tier-4 student visa and your college/university is your sponsor.

You got married. So you need to switch to right category which is Spouse visa and your husband become your sponsor.

According to new rules (2012) you need to to spend total of 5 years on this spouse category visa to get ILR in UK.
Thank you. Is the spouse visa different from flr?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:09 pm

christien wrote:Thank you. Is the spouse visa different from flr?
I think we can say FLR is a term, not category.

FLR = [Further Leave to Remain] mean further visa to remain in UK legally. It can be student, spouse or work category according to applicant's personal circumstances and immigration laws.

christien
Newly Registered

Post by christien » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Deviser wrote:
christien wrote:Thank you. Is the spouse visa different from flr?
I think we can say FLR is a term, not category.

FLR = [Further Leave to Remain] mean further visa to remain in UK legally. It can be student, spouse or work category according to applicant's personal circumstances and immigration laws.
I see. So I must apply for spouse visa? Does my husband need to provide bank details?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 pm

No. A visa is a type of entry clearance granted from outside the UK. As Greenie kindly suggested, if you are in the UK, then you may apply for FLR(M), prior to the expiry of your current leave.

You must supply the specified evidence. If successful, then you will initially be granted further leave to remain for 30 months. Before that leave expires, you may make another FLR(M) application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

christien
Newly Registered

Post by christien » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 pm

vinny wrote:No. A visa is a type of entry clearance granted from outside the UK. As Greenie kindly suggested, if you are in the UK, then you may apply for FLR(M), prior to the expiry of your current leave.

You must supply the specified evidence. If successful, then you will initially be granted further leave to remain for 30 months. Before that leave expires, you may make another FLR(M) application.
thank you so much. will ask more questions later.

christien
Newly Registered

Post by christien » Sat May 25, 2013 10:26 am

Hello there again! Unfortunately, I cannot apply for spouse visa because my husbands annual income didn't reach the specified amount the home officr stated. For weeks I cannot sleep properly because of this,. I dont want to extend my student visa because money wise (tuition fee) we cannot afford it. Is there anything elsa that I can apply for?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 25, 2013 11:17 am

How long have you been in the UK? If you have legally lived in the UK for at least 10 years, then you may apply for ILR under Long residence.

See also work related.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

christien
Newly Registered

Post by christien » Sat May 25, 2013 11:35 am

Only arrived here January of 2010

christien
Newly Registered

Post by christien » Sun May 26, 2013 9:52 am

What else can I do?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 pm

christien wrote:What else can I do?
your question is already answered by the above members