ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drink Driving

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

avimichal

Drink Driving

Post by avimichal » Fri May 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi All

Can someone please advice if I had conviction for drink driving 7.5 years ago if under the current criteria my application for BC can be successful ??

Many Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Drink Driving

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 pm

avimichal wrote:Hi All

Can someone please advice if I had conviction for drink driving 7.5 years ago if under the current criteria my application for BC can be successful ??

Many Thanks
As the non-custodial sentence (I assume) was more than 3 years ago this would not be an automatic refusal. However, as the offence was one of recklessness it could still warrant a refusal at the discretion of the caseworker. Providing there has been no further criminality I would expect the applicant to succeed.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Fri May 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Thank you for your swift respond, the thing is i had another conviction 6 years ago but not one of recklessness , i received fine of £500. also what do you think if my wife become British in October and my two kids have already British Citizen. the case worker will not consider it differently ??

many Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 5:37 pm

avimichal wrote:Thank you for your swift respond, the thing is i had another conviction 6 years ago but not one of recklessness , i received fine of £500. also what do you think if my wife become British in October and my two kids have already British Citizen. the case worker will not consider it differently ??

many Thanks
What was the offence 6 years ago?

I assume both you are your wife are planning on applying for naturalisation? Having your family being British should not have a bearing on your application as you must meet the Good Character requirement alone.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 pm

Thank you for your respond ,

The offence was Possess Criminal Property, The question is how they consider it if it was almost 7 years ago (mistake of young age )?? and since then iI good citizen,

Many Thanks

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Fri May 31, 2013 5:54 pm

Sorry I forget to answer to your question, We both will apply for naturalisation in October .

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 7:04 pm

avimichal wrote:Sorry I forget to answer to your question, We both will apply for naturalisation in October .

Regards
Again the other offence is perhaps a dishonesty offence. However, given the time period since conviction I would not expect a refusal. Both offences should be declared.

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Thank you for your respond