ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Thu May 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks hopeful2 and vix789

glory5050

Congratulation to you @missmykid

Post by glory5050 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:03 pm

missmykid wrote:I've got it ILR.brp arrived today.will post proper in the morning.gonna have a proper sleep now in 10mnths.just found out at 2300hrs.happy dayz
Congratulation..........for the goodnews about your approved Ilr.
I am so so happy for you.

Hopeful2

OUTSTANDING APPLICATIONS & REFUSALS/APPEALS

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Congratulations to all who have received their ILR's to date and good luck to the rest of us!!

Please see below amended list showing outstanding applications and refusals/appeals to date - please feel free to update as you see fit:

AWAITING DECISION

Hopeful2: applied for ILR under 14 year rule on 6 July
response received dated 23 July
1 October-invalid application
Biometrics on 20 November
(more than 14years = 21 years)

glory5050: Application Sent-06 July 2012
Ukba acknowledge letter-18 July
Request for Biometric- 07 September
Biometric completed-24 September

vix789: Application Sent-06 July 2012
Ukba acknowledge letter-26 July 12
Request for Biometric- 24 October 12
Biometric completed-1 November 12

vix789's dad: Application Sent-07 July 2012
Ukba acknowledge letter- went to solicitor
Request for Biometric- not sure
Biometric completed- 10 October 12
Reply received on 16 April 13 >> more paper work requested within 28 days

zagoo2000: ILR application: 7th July/2012
Received by UKBA: 9th July/2012
Acknowledgement sent to my lawyer: 19th July/2012
Copy I received: 26th July/2012
Biometric Invitation sent to my lawyer: 23rd Oct/2012
Biometric Sent via post office: 30th Oct/2012
Decision FLR (O): still waiting

poloko53: Applied for ilr 14 years - 7/7/2012
Biometric done in October
still waiting.

REFUSALS/APPEALS

lola56uk: Application - 07/07/ 2012
Confirmation received from UKBA - 16/07/12
Sent Life in the UK test - 08/08/12
Cheque for £991 debited from my account - 31/08/2012
Biometrics Invitation Dated - 06/09/12
Biometrics letters received by Solicitors - 12/09/12
Biometrics sent to UKBA - 19/09/02
Refused on 23/04/2013
(more than 14years)

banats: Application Sent-- beginning of July
Refused: beginning of May
(arrive in 1998 without evidences until 2004)

Peter77: Application Sent: 06/07/2012
Refused: 21/05/2013
(Arrived in June of 1999)

vix789
Newly Registered

Re: OUTSTANDING APPLICATIONS & REFUSALS/APPEALS

Post by vix789 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:

hi.. just thought i'll add more details onto my dads application..

well the letter we recieved was dated 16th april however our solicitor informed us about the letter 16 days later!!!

he gave us an appointment which added another 8 days so we were already 24 days into the time limit the UKBA had provided. The solicitor seemed to be really chilled out and requested for an extension for 14 days from the UKBA.

Anyhow we rushed our dad to pass the life in the UK test and get all the other documents together including writing a personal statement for him. chased the solicitor and droped the documents off within 10 days of the extension. solicitor promised that he will obviously touch up etc and post the documents and send us a confirmation. since then we have been ringing and calling him.. it is now 3 days passed the extension requested and the solicitor still hasnt confirmed/sent the documents and we are worried sick!!!

any suggestions?? would really appreciate!!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu May 30, 2013 8:56 pm

vix789 wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:

hi.. just thought i'll add more details onto my dads application..

well the letter we recieved was dated 16th april however our solicitor informed us about the letter 16 days later!!!

he gave us an appointment which added another 8 days so we were already 24 days into the time limit the UKBA had provided. The solicitor seemed to be really chilled out and requested for an extension for 14 days from the UKBA.

Anyhow we rushed our dad to pass the life in the UK test and get all the other documents together including writing a personal statement for him. chased the solicitor and droped the documents off within 10 days of the extension. solicitor promised that he will obviously touch up etc and post the documents and send us a confirmation. since then we have been ringing and calling him.. it is now 3 days passed the extension requested and the solicitor still hasnt confirmed/sent the documents and we are worried sick!!!

any suggestions?? would really appreciate!!!
Why don't you go to the solicitors office. You need to act quick. You could have posted the documents directly to Ukba. Do you have copies. If so do a next day delivery
Godgives

vix789
Newly Registered

Post by vix789 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:07 pm

GodGives wrote: Why don't you go to the solicitors office. You need to act quick. You could have posted the documents directly to Ukba. Do you have copies. If so do a next day delivery
you are right. i'll speak to my dad. we tried getting him to go to another solicitor but he feels trapped!! well the solicitor is around a 100miles away. we actually trusted him and his attitude is really difficult to handle now. we've also asked the solicitor for a copy of our files and he just has an excuse every time...

i started believeing that every solicitor is like this? =/

<<thank you for the response>>

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Fri May 31, 2013 8:39 am

Many congratulations to all who have been granted in the month of may: ab171, londongirl259, guestname40, Zebrudaya, pgmiot, 14yearsUK and missmykid.

Goodluck with your appeal to Peter77, banats, lola56uk as well as those who are still waiting.

Missmykid you deserve a break after what you have been through. Enjoy your freedom.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri May 31, 2013 11:22 am

vix789 wrote:
GodGives wrote: Why don't you go to the solicitors office. You need to act quick. You could have posted the documents directly to Ukba. Do you have copies. If so do a next day delivery
you are right. i'll speak to my dad. we tried getting him to go to another solicitor but he feels trapped!! well the solicitor is around a 100miles away. we actually trusted him and his attitude is really difficult to handle now. we've also asked the solicitor for a copy of our files and he just has an excuse every time...

<<thank you for the esponse>>
The solicitor sounds dodgy to me. As I said before send the documents directly to Ukba. If not they would refuse if you don't
Godgives

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:36 am

GodGives wrote:
vix789 wrote:

The solicitor sounds dodgy to me. As I said before send the documents directly to Ukba. If not they would refuse if you don't

I agree, don't let anyone or anything hold you back. This isn't the time to be afraid - there will be obstacles in your way and you have to fight them. The only person who matters is your dad and this his LAST chance to get it right so do whatever you can to make it happen. I wish you guys good luck with everything. You can complain to the Law Society about your solicitor if you feel the need to. Actually I recommend that you do - that should stop ruthless lawyers from taking advantage of vulnerable applicants!!

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:39 am

Another week commences, hopefully more ILRs for us this week!!!

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:Another week commences, hopefully more ILRs for us this week!!!

Amen - Hopefully all those still waiting get their ILR this week , including you Hopeful2, yours is long overdue. .
Any one interested in some useful tribunal info.

banats
Newly Registered

plaese Lola56uk

Post by banats » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Yes Please lola56 if you can give some information about tribunal cause I am looking forward to my appeal against the ho refusal. Thanks : :!:

vix789
Newly Registered

ilr!!

Post by vix789 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:54 pm

okay... i got a call from my solicitor today... and yes after praying so much.. i actually received good news... waiting for my ilr...

in my application i've not submitted a "life in the UKtest" nor did i file in a personal statement. The only statement done was by the solicitor..

after reading good news on this forum, it always gave me hope... thankyou all for sharing your stories... and no my journey hasn't paused here yet.. i will be coming and discussing my dads case as that is still pending!!!

i really hope that you ALL get your ilrs... really feel for all of you!!!

lola56uk

Re: ilr!!

Post by lola56uk » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:17 pm

vix789 wrote:okay... i got a call from my solicitor today... and yes after praying so much.. i actually received good news... waiting for my ilr...

in my application i've not submitted a "life in the UKtest" nor did i file in a personal statement. The only statement done was by the solicitor..

after reading good news on this forum, it always gave me hope... thankyou all for sharing your stories... and no my journey hasn't paused here yet.. i will be coming and discussing my dads case as that is still pending!!!

Congrats vix789 - Well done. One down for you and one more to go. As hopeful2 always says now you can go earn yourself some well needed money. and enjoy a holiday sometime in the future.

lola56uk

Re: plaese Lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:03 pm

PART 1
I have been visiting Taylor house tribunal over the last 2 weeks. So I am summarising part one of my findings so far.
As you know AIT deals with a whole variety of application from Visa to stay and those in detention. As it’s an open court, practically anyone is allowed to observe. Therefore for those interested it’s in your pleasure you observe at least 3-4 cases before your actual hearing.
Each case begins with a 2 letter code – this indicates what type of case the court will deal with, I am listing so you go to the most appropriate case.
Case beginning
OA – OUT OF COUNTRY APPLICATION
*IA – IN COUNTRY APPLICATION (LONG RESIDENCY, STUDENT VISA ETC) *
AA – Asylum cases
DC – person in detention (depending on certain crime)
DA – person in detention (depending on certain crime)
VA – VISITING VISA APPLICATION
HC – BAIL APPLICATION (DEPENDING ON SUITATION)
TY - BAIL APPLICATION (DEPENDING ON SUITATION)
PE - BAIL APPLICATION (DEPENDING ON SUITATION)

For serious cases e.g. deportation; you will get one or more judges present in the room

• Please speak slowly and clearly
• Don’t piss the judge off by wandering off when he asks any question, GO STRATIGHT TO THE POINT.
• Most cases last an hour average; unless extenuating circumstances where the judge will postpone the case, to later in the day.
• The judge usually makes a decision on the day; but due to paperwork and co it takes 2-3 weeks to filter down to an individual.
• Your barrister will do most of the talking; quoting various cases etc. and further points where the Home Office have got it all wrong.
• I attended mostly cases beginning with IA; you should be able to tell by the name what the case is most likely to be. ( well the Clark mentioned if Indian / Pakistan orientated name mostly likely residence through marriage , if African (Nigeria/Ghanaian) name most likely application for residence through Long Residence or 14 year rule).
Please do not take offense to me mentioning any particular country name; only for illustration purposes. Part 2

As I have notes and it takes a while to write this things; I will only write if I get 2-3 people requesting the info.
Part 2 will contain useful extracts on how barristers try to convince the judges (but will only provide if I get 2-3 request);
• For example using free-standing rule as mentioned by the Strasbourg court to convince the judge.
• Aggregation of years to fight private life rule.
• Accepting signed documents to establish additional prove.
Hopeful this is useful for those that need it.

Again congrats to all brothers and sisters; those that have succeeded in this long journey and hope you make good use of your ILR.
GUYS LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION THUS SO FAR.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
vix789 wrote:

I agree, don't let anyone or anything hold you back. This isn't the time to be afraid - there will be obstacles in your way and you have to fight them. The only person who matters is your dad and this his LAST chance to get it right so do whatever you can to make it happen. I wish you guys good luck with everything. You can complain to the Law Society about your solicitor if you feel the need to. Actually I recommend that you do - that should stop ruthless lawyers from taking advantage of vulnerable applicants!!
VIX789 - SEND COPIES TO HOME OFFICE DIRECTLY PLEASE;WITH A COVER NOTE THAT YOUR LEGAL TEAM WILL SEND A COPY WITH ANY ADDITIONAL MATERIAL TO SUPPORT IT.

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Congrats vix789.did yu get documents first or brp card.got the card first dated 25 may.shldi ring them to check if they sent them or wait.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:09 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:Another week commences, hopefully more ILRs for us this week!!!

Amen - Hopefully all those still waiting get their ILR this week , including you Hopeful2, yours is long overdue. .
Any one interested in some useful tribunal info.

Thanks Lola56uk - I hope I get good news soon. I qualify both under 14 years and long residence (22 years) with paperwork to support each year I have been here....

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:15 pm

vix789 wrote:okay... i got a call from my solicitor today... and yes after praying so much.. i actually received good news... waiting for my ilr...

See - each week I wish us all good luck and good things happen :D. CONGRATULATIONS to you vix789, I am so happy for you - now you can earn some money and support your dad whilst he is awaiting a decision re his application. I wish you all the best for the future and am glad that you will be visiting this page to update us on your dad's progress.

glory5050

Post by glory5050 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Congratulation to you vix789....am so glad and please regarding the goodnews. Well done....hooefully your Dad's ilr will be out soon.

banats
Newly Registered

Thanks lola56uk

Post by banats » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:49 am

Many thanks for your information and please keep us informed about appeals and we all will pray for you.

Peter77
Newly Registered

Re: REFUSAL TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by Peter77 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:33 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:Dear members

I have been visiting this forum for sometime and have found it very informative and helpful. thank you.
I applied for indefinite leave to remain on the 6/7/ 2012 on the basis of 14 yr long residence.
l arrived in the UK beginning of June 1999 got a six months visitors visa, which l extended with a student visa valid till March 03. When it expired l never renewed it and has been on an expired visa ever since.
The reasons of refusal:
1. l have not provided enough documentary evidence that substantiate my claim of residing in the UK continuously for the last 14 years. Further more l did not provide documentary evidence which covers year 20xx, 20xx and 20xx.
l had provided them with bank statements, bills, hospital letters for which l did not realise l had missed the 3 years mentioned above. and thats all l had.

2.It is noted as well that you were convicted of failing to provide a specimen for analysis(driving or attempting to drive) and driving in accordance with your licence in - - 2008. disqualified and fine 300 plus 200 costs. and the offence wont be considered spent until august 2013.
Taking the above into consideration you therefore cannot meet the requirements of Paragraph 276B(1)(a)(b) and (111) of HC395 (as amended)
I had refused to provide specimen because l wasnt driving the car but in charge of it sitting in the passenger side.
If l appeal what kind of evidence are they after?? is there any thing l can do to prove l have been here all this time?????
What about my conviction? will be considered spent mid august.
Appeal deadline end of may.
Peter - I am almost in the same similar situation as you only my drink driving conviction is spent. How long were you disqualified for ? As they have being told/advised not to take into consideration any offence within certain period ( 12 months custodial sentence).
please Appeal - as the judge might be against the HO, especially if you show him evidence that you have been in the UK during the stipulated time; this is what I am doing. Have 2-3 close relative write a sworn letter stating you were here.
All this will shed light on the case for the judge.
Be calm and relax; things happen for a reason.
Thank you for the response, I was banned for 18 months but reduced to 14 months when l did the Driving course. fined 300 pounds. u mentioned something about custodial sentence can u say more please.??? my offence would be spent in august.

I will appeal, lm in the process of obtaining bank statement from closed accounts l had at that time. Waiting for letters from my x employer and inland revenue. the problem with bank statements is they can only do 6 six years only. Also requested for my medical records from my GP today. Now my main worry is l wont be able to gather documentary evidence in time coz l have only a week before deadline to submit my appeal, GP documents will take at least 2 weeks. l l hand in my appeal end of may when can l expect my hearing to be held suppose the appeal goes through. Do l have to hand in my appeal with evidence by the way l have a lawyer.
Got relatives who can witness even my partner l live with.
That's good you have a lawyer !!!!- unfortunately he won't be able to go with you to the hearing but will arrange a barrister for you !!!!

Secondly - you do not need to submit any proof with your Appeal form ; this can be provided at a later date. It takes 4 weeks from submission to process plus another 4 weeks to give you a date , so you will be attending a hearing between 8-10 weeks from submission.

Attend hearing and go and listen to how the judges listen to the Homeoffice , what tactics the home office use and how to answer or behave in front of the judge.

You do not need bank statement ; a simple letter that you had a bank account with the bank will do; these can usually be written by the counter staff and should state the date period you had the account open.

Be calm and relax
UPDATE: Appeal submitted end of May, no payment made though. will wait for them to send me a paying-in slip or instructions.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote: UPDATE: Appeal submitted end of May, no payment made though. will wait for them to send me a paying-in slip or instructions.
That's good news Peter. Please try and visits AIT beforehand to have a feel. look at my previous post to guide you on what cases you should listen to.

Payment takes a while to go through. You would think they would take payment with the application but I guess its a way to see if application is correct before payment go through.

I will write up part 2 of my appeal guide for those of us that have appeals underway.

Peter77
Newly Registered

Post by Peter77 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:37 am

lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
That's good news Peter. Please try and visits AIT beforehand to have a feel. look at my previous post to guide you on what cases you should listen to.

Payment takes a while to go through. You would think they would take payment with the application but I guess its a way to see if application is correct before payment go through.

I will write up part 2 of my appeal guide for those of us that have appeals underway.
Thanks. would u have an idea where are AIT held in west midlands. birmingham

Hopeful2

Updating Timelines

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 am

Hello GodGives, hope all is well with you - I don't recall seeing a timeline for you - do you mind updating it so we can so we have an idea about your application etc.