ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hopeful2

Re: REFUSAL TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:12 am

Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote: Thanks. would u have an idea where are AIT held in west midlands. birmingham

Hello Peter77 I just googled and came up with this - hope it's helpful: http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/tri ... ham-ts.pdf

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Oh how I wish i knew about this board years ago. i would have saved myself so much headache.

I've been reading some of the posts here and find my situation very similar to everyones except in my case i didnt apply before the end of the 14 year rule. i didnt know the date was chaning until a few weeks before and i didnt have the money to pay to send my application, I could hardly even afford the Life in the Uk test. Also I was a about 6 weeks short of 14 years and thought this would work against me.

anyway I applied at the end of September with as much documentation and information as I could provide, i still had my old passport I came here with and I had certificates from school and college plus wage slips from the places i've worked.

I received the acknowledgement letter a few days later. My letter to have my Biometrics done came in the begining of December (about 10days after it was dated), i had it done within a couple of days.

I've been waiting ever since. i wrote a letter to the UKBA in April asking about any progress but have so far not got a reply.

to say im down on my luck would be an understatement, I'm not working, cant afford my rent so have to move in with a friend.

reading the stories on here make me regret which is something I try to avoid but I regret not doing anything possible to get the money intime.

I hope it works out quickly for all of us and we can get on with out lives. I am especially keeping an eye on your case Hopeful2, as our dates are similar.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:13 pm

pink nails wrote:Oh how I wish i knew about this board years ago. i would have saved myself so much headache.

I've been reading some of the posts here and find my situation very similar to everyones except in my case i didnt apply before the end of the 14 year rule. i didnt know the date was chaning until a few weeks before and i didnt have the money to pay to send my application, I could hardly even afford the Life in the Uk test. Also I was a about 6 weeks short of 14 years and thought this would work against me.

anyway I applied at the end of September with as much documentation and information as I could provide, i still had my old passport I came here with and I had certificates from school and college plus wage slips from the places i've worked.

I received the acknowledgement letter a few days later. My letter to have my Biometrics done came in the begining of December (about 10days after it was dated), i had it done within a couple of days.

I've been waiting ever since. i wrote a letter to the UKBA in April asking about any progress but have so far not got a reply.

to say im down on my luck would be an understatement, I'm not working, cant afford my rent so have to move in with a friend.

reading the stories on here make me regret which is something I try to avoid but I regret not doing anything possible to get the money intime.

I hope it works out quickly for all of us and we can get on with out lives. I am especially keeping an eye on your case Hopeful2, as our dates are similar.

Hello pink nails, welcome to the forum. I am so happy that despite everything you took the chance and applied in September, two months after the cut off date - well done!! And the fact that you received acknowledgement and a letter for your biometrics is very positive. See my timeline below:

Hopeful2: applied for ILR under 14 year rule on 6 July
response received dated 23 July
1 October-invalid application
Biometrics on 20 November
(more than 14years = 21 years)

I originally applied on 6 July but my application was returned in October (without my documentation) because I hadn't signed and dated one section and had left out my passport number. My biometrics were taken in November and I have been waiting since. I wish you all the best and hope you are granted ILR soon.

All of us waiting are in the same boat - we are not working and do not have any income coming in so your case is not isolated. I originally applied 11 months ago and am still waiting so .....

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks Hopeful2 for replying and for the encouraging words.

I will be thinking of u. fingers cross we are near the end of our very long journey.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:11 pm

pink nails wrote:Thanks Hopeful2 for replying and for the encouraging words.

I will be thinking of u. fingers cross we are near the end of our very long journey.

pink nails I agree our journey is almost at an end - like I have said so many times on this forum, no situation is permanent and we will all receive responses from HO re our applications at some point - hopefully sooner rather than later.

vix789
Newly Registered

Post by vix789 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:33 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Congrats vix789 - Well done. One down for you and one more to go. As hopeful2 always says now you can go earn yourself some well needed money. and enjoy a holiday sometime in the future.
thank you lola... i cant wait.. i need to get applying.. i shall be applying for a provisional aswel as soon as i get my brp and learn how to drive.. felt so useless at times but its like my hands were tied
Hopeful2 wrote:
I agree, don't let anyone or anything hold you back. This isn't the time to be afraid - there will be obstacles in your way and you have to fight them. The only person who matters is your dad and this his LAST chance to get it right so do whatever you can to make it happen. I wish you guys good luck with everything. You can complain to the Law Society about your solicitor if you feel the need to. Actually I recommend that you do - that should stop ruthless lawyers from taking advantage of vulnerable applicants!!
we considered another lawyer... hes not even willing to take the case.. he said you will get a reply within a few days =/
lola56uk wrote:
VIX789 - SEND COPIES TO HOME OFFICE DIRECTLY PLEASE;WITH A COVER NOTE THAT YOUR LEGAL TEAM WILL SEND A COPY WITH ANY ADDITIONAL MATERIAL TO SUPPORT IT.
i have no copies... whatever we have... the solicitors got it
missmykid wrote:Congrats vix789.did yu get documents first or brp card.got the card first dated 25 may.shldi ring them to check if they sent them or wait.
my soliciors recieved the letter saying that your clients documents are attached .. bla bla... and your client's brp card be with the client within 7 days... if not then email them.. they've provided an email address.. (but my solicitor didn't say that i have recieved ALL your documents in post.. i only spoke to him briefly)

well your documents are really important... should try and contact them since it has been more than 10 days since theyve sent the brp..

vix789
Newly Registered

Re: ilr!!

Post by vix789 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
See - each week I wish us all good luck and good things happen :D. CONGRATULATIONS to you vix789, I am so happy for you - now you can earn some money and support your dad whilst he is awaiting a decision re his application. I wish you all the best for the future and am glad that you will be visiting this page to update us on your dad's progress.
only we can understand what people on this forum are going through... its tough but giving eachother hope and wishing luck to eachother means alot... everytime another member got their brps...it always gave me a feeling of excitement and satisfaction.. and hope that i can be the next to recieve it...

vix789
Newly Registered

Post by vix789 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:45 pm

i think i have replied to all the messages now...

THANK YOU all for all the wishes before i got the acceptance letter and thank you for all the congrats :) am jumping with joy and wish you all the perfect ilrs that you are waiting for... i really feel for you all... please do pray that my dad gets his ilr soon aswel...
Last edited by vix789 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vix789
Newly Registered

Post by vix789 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:50 pm

pink nails wrote:Oh how I wish i knew about this board years ago. i would have saved myself so much headache.

its probably an understatment that you have been through alot... well my application had school and college documentations..you've attended school here then considering your age ... you've probabaly been here half of your life if not more... i guess that'll be a positive point... i really wish you all the best

vix789
Newly Registered

Post by vix789 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Peter77 wrote: UPDATE: Appeal submitted end of May, no payment made though. will wait for them to send me a paying-in slip or instructions.
Good luck peter77... really hope that things go well for you

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Peter77 wrote:

Hello Peter77 I just googled and came up with this - hope it's helpful: http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/tri ... ham-ts.pdf
http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/Immigration ... tlists.htm

and if you refresh this link daily ; you will get a listing of all cases in that particular court.
The site is refreshed at 3pm for the next day hearing.
As I said use my guide to choose appropriate case.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Updating Timelines

Post by GodGives » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:58 am

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello GodGives, hope all is well with you - I don't recall seeing a timeline for you - do you mind updating it so we can so we have an idea about your application etc.
Hi hopeful I applied under article 8 not 14yrs rule. App sent march 2012
Godgives

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 am

To vix789, yes i've ben here for awhile. I came when I was 14 and I've just turned 29.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:51 pm

GodGives wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:Hello GodGives, hope all is well with you - I don't recall seeing a timeline for you - do you mind updating it so we can so we have an idea about your application etc.
I think I recall vaguely somewhere along the line someone posted about applying under the 20 year rule - was that yourself? Since there are no other known 20 year applicants, can you please give us a summary your timeline using the style that the rest of us have - this may help other 20 year applicants who may stumble upon this forum.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
I think I recall vaguely somewhere along the line someone posted about applying under the 20 year rule - was that yourself? Since there are no other known 20 year applicants, can you please give us a summary your timeline using the style that the rest of us have - this may help other 20 year applicants who may stumble upon this forum.[/quo
te]
Flro
App sent: march 2012
Biometrics: April 2012
Still waiting
Am not under 20yrs rule. I have spent 11yrs here so I fall under private life
Came here as a minor
Godgives

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:37 pm

GodGives wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
I think I recall vaguely somewhere along the line someone posted about applying under the 20 year rule - was that yourself? Since there are no other known 20 year applicants, can you please give us a summary your timeline using the style that the rest of us have - this may help other 20 year applicants who may stumble upon this forum.[/quo
te]
Flro
Still waiting
Came here as a minor

Hello GodGives, I don't know much about private life - can you please give me more information - I may be able to help someone else with the information.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
te]
Flro
Still waiting
Came here as a minor

Hello GodGives, I don't know much about private life - can you please give me more information - I may be able to help someone else with the information.[/quJ
just your private life in uk. if you are married or have kids you put evidence of these with the Flro application you are usually given. 2.5yrs under 10 long residence rule
or if you have any compassionate reasons why the secretary of state should exercise her discretion.
Godgives

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:02 pm

GodGives wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
te]
Flro
Still waiting
Came here as a minor

Hello GodGives, I don't know much about private life - can you please give me more information - I may be able to help someone else with the information.[/quJ
just your private life in uk. if you are married or have kids you put evidence of these with the Flro application you are usually given. 2.5yrs under 10 long residence rule
or if you have any compassionate reasons why the secretary of state should exercise her discretion.

Thanks GodGives, thanks for responding - all the best with your application.

vix789
Newly Registered

Post by vix789 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:09 am

pink nails wrote:To vix789, yes i've ben here for awhile. I came when I was 14 and I've just turned 29.
Yes.. I really hope they consider your age and your application is a success. Good luck and just have faith..

glory5050

Breaking news..........

Post by glory5050 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Just got a call today from my Solicitor that my ILR has been granted fof the glory of God. It was issued on the 5th of june 2013.
Thank you all my friends in this forum for your support and prayers.
May the Lord who has done it for me do yours as well.
God bless you all. Praise God.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Breaking news..........

Post by GodGives » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:45 pm

glory5050 wrote:Just got a call today from my Solicitor that my ILR has been granted fof the glory of God. It was issued on the 5th of june 2013.
Congratulalations glory. Enjoy Ur freedom.
Please do share what documents you sent with Ur application and your timeline
Thanks
Godgives

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Happy dayz glory5050.congratulations and enjoy the freedom

Hopeful2

Re: Breaking news..........

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:40 pm

glory5050 wrote:Just got a call today from my Solicitor that my ILR has been granted fof the glory of God. It was issued on the 5th of june 2013.

Congratulations glory5050 God is truly glorious!! I wish you all the best for the future and hope that we receive more ILR's on this forum this week than we have any other week!!

glory5050

My Time line

Post by glory5050 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Thank you GodGives, missmykid, Hopeful2 for rejoicing with me regarding the approval of my ILR.

My time line is as follows:
Application sent: 6th july 2012
LinUk test done: 12/07/2012
Acknowledgement :18/07/2012
Biometric enrollment: 7/09/12
Biometric done : 24/09/2012
More docs and liuk requested:02/05/2013
To reach them by 21/05/2013
Appointment with my Solicitor by 15/05/2013
More docs sent by 24/05/2013
Biometric ILR approved : 05/06/2013.

Hopeful2

Updated Outstanding / Refusals

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Congratulations to everyone who has received their ILR to date.

Below are the updated outstanding timelines for the rest of us left on this forum - good luck to everyone!!

AWAITING DECISION

Hopeful2: applied for ILR under 14 year rule on 6 July
response received dated 23 July
1 October-invalid application
Biometrics on 20 November
(more than 14years = 21 years)

vix789's dad: Application Sent-07 July 2012
Ukba acknowledge letter- went to solicitor
Request for Biometric- not sure
Biometric completed- 10 October 12
Reply received on 16 April 13 >> more paper work requested within 28 days

zagoo2000: ILR application: 7th July/2012
Received by UKBA: 9th July/2012
Acknowledgement sent to my lawyer: 19th July/2012
Copy I received: 26th July/2012
Biometric Invitation sent to my lawyer: 23rd Oct/2012
Biometric Sent via post office: 30th Oct/2012
Decision FLR (O): still waiting

poloko53: Applied for ilr 14 years - 7/7/2012
Biometric done in October
still waiting.

Pinknails: Application sent: September 2012
Acknowledgement: October 2014
Biometric done: December 2012

REFUSALS/APPEALS

lola56uk: Application - 07/07/ 2012
Confirmation received from UKBA - 16/07/12
Sent Life in the UK test - 08/08/12
Cheque for £991 debited from my account - 31/08/2012
Biometrics Invitation Dated - 06/09/12
Biometrics letters received by Solicitors - 12/09/12
Biometrics sent to UKBA - 19/09/02
Refused on 23/04/2013
(more than 14years)

banats: Application Sent-- beginning of July
Refused: beginning of May
(arrive in 1998 without evidences until 2004)

Peter77: Application Sent: 06/07/2012
Refused: 21/05/2013
(Arrived in June of 1999)
Last edited by Hopeful2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.