ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching PSW to Tier 4(General) - Maintenance

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hshokouhi
Newly Registered

Switching PSW to Tier 4(General) - Maintenance

Post by hshokouhi » Tue May 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi,

My sister did her 3 year BSc in UK and got her PSW in 2012, her visa expires soon and she is going to switch back to Tier 4 to do ACCA. she lives in UK at the moment but as i said her current visa is PSW, I've checked the website and she needs to show either £900 for 2 months or £900 for 9 monoths, but I am not sure which one relates to her situation.

I know if you are extending your student visa you only need to show 2 months but not sure about switching from PSW to Tier 4. :?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue May 14, 2013 2:17 pm

she would not qualify as having an established presence as a student if switching from PSW. She would need £900 x 9 for 28 days.

How long is the ACCA course?

hshokouhi
Newly Registered

Post by hshokouhi » Tue May 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. it's a 2 years course.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:39 pm

She has no establish presence as a student so she needs to show funds for 9 months as she is not extending she is switching from deferent category to tier 4