ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parliamentary inquiry into new family migration rules

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

John

Parliamentary inquiry into new family migration rules

Post by John » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:48 pm

I have been asked to post the following as a sticky, and readily agree. Evidence required by the all-party committee :-

Parliamentary inquiry into new family migration rules - Call for evidence
November 21, 2012

The All-Pary Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Migration has yesterday launched an inquiry into the impacts of the new family migration rules. Migrants Rights Network provides the secretariat to the APPG on Migration and urges all concerned groups and individuals to submit evidence to the inquiry.

The rule changes have made it more difficult to bring close family members to the UK from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).

In particular, the inquiry will look at the new requirement that people wishing to sponsor spouses and partners from outside the (EEA) show minimum earnings of £18,600 per year. The government estimates that thousands of families where one person is a British citizen or settled here will be prevented from being reunited in the UK every year as a result.

The committee members include Paul Uppal MP (Con), Baroness Hamwee (LD), Sarah Teather MP (LD), Lord Hussain (LD), Jack Dromey MP (Lab) and is chaired by Kate Green MP (Lab).

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/news/2 ... l-evidence

http://www.appgmigration.org.uk/family-inquiry
John

kimpossible
Newly Registered

Thank you for this post

Post by kimpossible » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Thank you for this post Im glad there are making an inquiry, here in the south of England the average wage is 15,000-16,000, i have my own home and have never lived of benifits yet this particular law could potentially stop me from being with my husband becuase I only earn the average wage.

London ChYck
Newly Registered

Another sign of the Government NOT thinking things through.

Post by London ChYck » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:15 pm

I understand the needs for improving the migration system, BUT this wasn't the way to go about it. Meeting the Financial requirements is going to be very hard for those whose current annual salary do meet the requirements and removing the ability to have external support from other sources has only compounded this.

For those who have to change or get an additional job in order to qualify, how are they supposed to achieve that in a time when this country is still in the grip of recession and there is such a high level of unemployment saturation already in the job market which is only going to get worse with the new benefit changes.

There is making things harder and making them virtually impossible and the Govt seems to have embraced the latter wholeheartedly without putting any real thought into how it would impact on the people affected by the changes.

Am sure there were a lot of refusals issued to those who rushed to beat the July 9th rule change which as sure generated a high volume of appeals.

John

Post by John » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Indeed London ChYck, but have you now told that to the committee? After all they are gathering evidence, from people such as yourself.
John

mr khan

parlimentary changes

Post by mr khan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:03 pm

john i will be telling the comittee this. im also encouraging all my friends to do so who are in the same boat

Skodyn
Newly Registered

Post by Skodyn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 am

As a disabled person myself, and excempt from the financial requirements. It has already taken me 2 years and an appeal for dla in Nov last year. I'm finding the whole process very difficult and stressful, which has an impact on my health.
Do you think I should try and give the commitee some evidence on how the new rules have affected me in general. And what aspect in particular will they be most interested in, or should I just leave it to others who are better able to explain things.
I would be most interested to talk to anyone else who is in a similar position, and how the new rules are affecting them.

mr khan

Post by mr khan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 am

hi please do explain it to them because the more awareness we can create the better we can try and get some respite or relief from these new rules. Try to explain it to them in short and simple. The more people we have the better thanks

marksmithe
BANNED

Post by marksmithe » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Its good to see that the inquiry will look at the new requirement that people wishing to sponsor spouses and partners.I hope the new rules will be in favor of people seeking to visa.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:58 pm

More oral evidence being given tomorrow. How quickly after the last evidence session was it all uploaded on the inquiry website? As this is the last evidence-giving session (I think) they may in their closing remarks give an idea of how bright the outlook is for convincing the government to change.

evamila
Newly Registered

hard income

Post by evamila » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:41 am

so what are the newss about the changes of new laws ?? i cant reach 18600 £ !! i want to sponsor my hasbun ! is there any other solution or we need to wait for the update of the laws ???

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: hard income

Post by ukforever » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:19 am

evamila wrote:so what are the newss about the changes of new laws ?? i cant reach 18600 £ !! i want to sponsor my hasbun ! is there any other solution or we need to wait for the update of the laws ???
the other solution would be to travel to another eu state,work there or be self employed,your husband would join u automatically,after exercising your treaty rights as a worker for more than 3months,u can return to the uk with your husband,using the surinder singh route.
it should be easy..just look into it in this same forum,under the eea-route applications.
UK------++++-------****

evamila
Newly Registered

Post by evamila » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:56 pm

thanks !! but i cant move outside UK ! :oops:

lucyming
BANNED

Post by lucyming » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 am

I only earn the average wage

gdl
Mood:
India

Petition to sign for easing visa process for spouses of Brit

Post by gdl » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Hello All,

Hope all of us support for this petition to be considered by showing support and frustration caused by UKBA.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34835

Please ask your friends and families...as many people as you possibly can...email this link to one and all... as huge numbers are still required for this petition to be considered.

Major numbers will come at this stage from others rather than actual applicants- and they should assist assuming someday in future they could be directly affected by this in action.

Regards

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:10 am

A report is now out giving results of this enquiry.

http://www.appgmigration.org.uk/sites/d ... n-2013.pdf