ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 License application process

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talktonight

Tier 2 License application process

Post by talktonight » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience of getting the License from UKBA?
I'm about to apply for one on behalf of a Ltd company (applying as a small business) who wants to employ me via Tier 2 route and have a couple of questions:

1. In guidance it says that Ltd companies (group 5) must provide at least 4 documents from appendix A. One of those documents could be 'Registration with a Governing Body'. Unfortunately UKBA does not consider Companies House a Governing Body, so therefore my question is would the certificate of registration of Ltd be enough?

2. How long does it take on average to obtain (or not get) the License from UKBA? On the web site it says up to 3 months but I've heard that it may take as little as 3 weeks. Any examples?

Any other comments regarding the process of submitting the application would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 License application process

Post by manci » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:51 pm

talktonight wrote:1. In guidance it says that Ltd companies (group 5) must provide at least 4 documents from appendix A. One of those documents could be 'Registration with a Governing Body'. Unfortunately UKBA does not consider Companies House a Governing Body, so therefore my question is would the certificate of registration of Ltd be enough?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

talktonight

Re: Tier 2 License application process

Post by talktonight » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:59 am

manci wrote:
talktonight wrote:1. In guidance it says that Ltd companies (group 5) must provide at least 4 documents from appendix A. One of those documents could be 'Registration with a Governing Body'. Unfortunately UKBA does not consider Companies House a Governing Body, so therefore my question is would the certificate of registration of Ltd be enough?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Sorry Manci I can't open your link

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:26 am