ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newly Registered

Need Advice

Post by 0990 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:37 am

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some useful advice in relation to New Zealand Immigration.

I recently got married. I’m living in Ireland and my other half is still in India. We are planning to apply for permanent immigration for New Zealand but we are not sure about the points. So, I’m hoping somebody here might be able to shed some light.

I am an Association of Chartered Certified Accountant - Affiliate. I have completed all the papers but I’m not a member yet. I need minimum three years practical experience in order to become a qualified accountant. I will have two years experience by the end of this year in a practice. I have also completed B.A (Hons.) in Accounting and Finance. I gained both qualifications in Ireland. I’m on a graduation visa which will expire in next January.

On the other side, my other half has done Bachelors in Nursing, and currently working as a nurse in a hospital. She will have two years experience by the end of this August. Also, she has completed MBA by distance learning.

I’m not sure who should be the main applicant for EOI. Also, I’m not sure about the points. From my point of view, I can see I have level 7 qualifications from my bachelors but I’m not sure about my Acca qualification. I applied for an International Qualifications Assessment but they were unable to assess it and I was advised to do the full assessment.

My other half is confident she will get minimum 7 bands in IELTS. However, I’m not sure about her MBA as she did not study full-time.

I would be grateful if somebody can guide us to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Sons.