ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRO EXTENSION .WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG??/

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

FLRO EXTENSION .WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG??/

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Hello everyone,
AM SOOOO FRAUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED NOW, WAITING FOR A DECISION ON EXTENSION OF MY DISCRETIONARY LEAVE FOR NEARLY 9M0NTHS NOW. I DIDNOT USE A SOLICITOR.. BIOMETRICS DONE IN MARCH,,,,, BEEN.MARRIED IN THE UK for 5yrs,TO MY HUBBY WHO IS BRITISH WE HAVE 3 CHILDREN all born here and all british.
BOTH OF US ARE WORKING LEAVING TOGETHER WITH OUR 3KIDS, HUBBY AND CHILDREN PASSPORTS, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, JOINT UTILITIES, JOINT TENANCY,PAYSLIPS ETC SENT TO HOME OFFICE AS SUPPORTING DOCS.....I THOUGHT AN EXTENSION WOULD BE EASY.... ITS TAKING AGES....ANYONE IN SIMILAR SITUATION PLS????

Amber
Mood:

Re: FLRO EXTENSION .WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG??/

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:02 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:Hello everyone,
AM SOOOO FRAUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED NOW, WAITING FOR A DECISION ON EXTENSION OF MY DISCRETIONARY LEAVE FOR NEARLY 9M0NTHS NOW. I DIDNOT USE A SOLICITOR.. BIOMETRICS DONE IN MARCH,,,,, BEEN.MARRIED IN THE UK for 5yrs,TO MY HUBBY WHO IS BRITISH WE HAVE 3 CHILDREN all born here and all british.
BOTH OF US ARE WORKING LEAVING TOGETHER WITH OUR 3KIDS, HUBBY AND CHILDREN PASSPORTS, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, JOINT UTILITIES, JOINT TENANCY,PAYSLIPS ETC SENT TO HOME OFFICE AS SUPPORTING DOCS.....I THOUGHT AN EXTENSION WOULD BE EASY.... ITS TAKING AGES....ANYONE IN SIMILAR SITUATION PLS????
Your application is based on discretion so will usually take longer, ask your local MP to chase it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:11 pm

@guru thanks for yr advise....my first fresh applictn in 2009 took only 3months and i was granted...i thought this should be quicker

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@guru thanks for yr advise....my first fresh applictn in 2009 took only 3months and i was granted...i thought this should be quicker
Not necessarily.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:28 pm

pls guys i need help in constructing a letter to my local mp.... samples please..thank you#

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:pls guys i need help in constructing a letter to my local mp.... samples please..thank you#
Send your MP an email explaining its been 9 months and its adversely affecting your health the stress etc......

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:47 pm

thank you and God bless. iam sending one now

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:23 pm

hi there guys does it matter that i did not state anything about article 8 in my cover letter of my applicatn for extension of my DLR? i only wrote a straight forward letter stating that am still married to my hubby who is british and we hv 3 kids all born here n british and we live together ..all relevant docs included... pls advise am sooooooo worried as each day pass by without news.

thnks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:07 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:hi there guys does it matter that i did not state anything about article 8 in my cover letter of my applicatn for extension of my DLR? i only wrote a straight forward letter stating that am still married to my hubby who is british and we hv 3 kids all born here n british and we live together ..all relevant docs included... pls advise am sooooooo worried as each day pass by without news.

thnks
They will be considering it under family life provisions, in your case the old dlr as you're after the extension to complete the 6 years to settlement as opposed to the new 10 year route.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:45 pm

thanx soo much guru......it so reassuring to know.God bless you

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:26 pm

plz can someone kindly explain to me ..i called HO for update last week and i was told my applicatn is with the case working unit...but my MP CONTACTED them and they told him my applicatn is awaiting allocation to a case worker....i thought my case was already with a case worker when they said is with the case working unit or am i missing the point?

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:06 am

yummymummy3j wrote:plz can someone kindly explain to me ..i called HO for update last week and i was told my applicatn is with the case working unit...but my MP CONTACTED them and they told him my applicatn is awaiting allocation to a case worker....i thought my case was already with a case worker when they said is with the case working unit or am i missing the point?
From my understanding it with the team, but not with a caseworker who would make a decision
Godgives

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:22 pm

@godgives thx 4 yr response.XXX

derpderpderp
Newly Registered

Post by derpderpderp » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Mine just took three WEEKS. No consistency with this system at all.