ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for a child born abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

summer08

British passport for a child born abroad?

Post by summer08 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:41 am

I am a mother of a child 11 years old born abroad, we recently got ILR and I would like to get a British passport for him only as soon as possible.
How and when can I apply?
Please advise

Amber
Mood:

Re: British passport for a child born abroad?

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:46 am

summer08 wrote:I am a mother of a child 11 years old born abroad, we recently got ILR and I would like to get a British passport for him only as soon as possible.
Please advise
You will have to wait until one of the parents naturalise as British. After that, the child may be able to register as British by discretion under section 3(1). Once the child is registered you can then apply for the British passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

summer08

Post by summer08 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:42 pm

D4109125 wrote:
summer08 wrote:I am a mother of a child 11 years old born abroad, we recently got ILR and I would like to get a British passport for him only as soon as possible.
Please advise
You will have to wait until one of the parents naturalise as British. After that, the child may be able to register as British by discretion under section 3(1). Once the child is registered you can then apply for the British passport.
Thank you for your reply.
Is it possible( for individual circumstances ) that my child to be registered as a British citizen before one of the parents naturalise as British in order to get a British passport?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:56 pm

summer08 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Please advise
Thank you for your reply.
Is it possible( for individual circumstances ) that my child to be registered as a British citizen before one of the parents naturalise as British in order to get a British passport?
Unlikely, the caseworker would expect at least one parents to be naturalised or to submit an application for naturalisation at the same time.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.