ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP for non-EEA national with EEA Husband and EEA childre

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mark788
Newly Registered

EEA FP for non-EEA national with EEA Husband and EEA childre

Post by mark788 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:14 am

Hello,

I find this whole EEA permit business rather confusing, I am Cambodian and have been married for 3 years and been with my husband for 7 years, we have 2 children. My children and husband are British passport holders.

We live in Vietnam, can I get into the UK on a EEA family permit through my husband, or the fact that my kids are British nationals?

I read somewhere we I need to stay in an EU country for 3 months first with my husband, is this true, or can I just get straight to the UK with the EEA
family permit, and then apply for the residence card (5 years) after that?

Thanks

Alin

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:51 pm

If your and your husband moved to an EU country (other than the UK), and he worked there, you could then apply for an EEA family permit. There is no minimum time specified in law, but the longer it is for, the more likely it would be considered to be genuine. You may prefer the other EU country. There are 27 to choose from (plus 3 EEA states).

mark788
Newly Registered

Post by mark788 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:30 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:If your and your husband moved to an EU country (other than the UK), and he worked there, you could then apply for an EEA family permit. There is no minimum time specified in law, but the longer it is for, the more likely it would be considered to be genuine. You may prefer the other EU country. There are 27 to choose from (plus 3 EEA states).
Thank you for your post,

how about if we just went for a holiday, and just visited for 2-3 weeks. could we use the EEA family permit then?

Also what about if my Husband went back to work for 3 month first in the UK, then I joined him on a EEA FP and then residence card?

thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:02 pm

You both would need to move to another EU state and your husband would be required to work. Otherwise, you would need to rely on the UK immigration rules.