ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for visa for child at same time as spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Timd2905
Newly Registered

Applying for visa for child at same time as spouse visa

Post by Timd2905 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi . I am a british citizen looking for some advice on which uk visa for a child aged 5 to come to the uk permanently
My ukrainian wife has just applied for a uk spouse visa and we want to apply for her . our son to come with us . I adopted him in ukraine , but this is not recognized by the uk .
I thought we would apply under the children of british citizens group , as he his my stepson under uk law . But it says both parents must be settled in the uk to apply here , and as my wife as only just applied for spouse visa , she is not settled .
I have looked at all visa groups on ukba website , but can not find which visa to apply for . Any help would be great . thanks Tim

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:42 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.