ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen & Non-EU partner with child.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

classicminichelsea
Newly Registered

British Citizen & Non-EU partner with child.

Post by classicminichelsea » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Hello everyone!

I have searched this site and haven't yet found what I need to know, so I thought I'd leave a post in hope knowledge can be shared.

My current situation as follows;

I am a UK Citizen by birth. I have a child with a non-eea. Currently not married, although intend to at a later date. My salary I can hit the £18,600 threshold. Will have own accommodation at time of application.

Once everything is in order we would like to live together in the UK. Has anyone been in this situation who has a child with a non-eea partner and who can shed some clearer light on it for me?
I am not sure which route to take, whether we apply for a spousal visa or a family permit etc. I have looked everywhere and I qualify for both 'apparently' but I don't know which one would be the more secure route or if anyone has any tricks or pointers in this area?

Thank you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:27 pm

If you live in the UK - its a spouse visa at a fee
If you live, work and exercise treaty rights somewhere in Europe (EU member states not the UK) - its a family permit issued for free

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:39 am

classicminichelsea wrote:I am a British Citizen by birth to British Citizen parents and so on. I am married to a non-eea, and we have a child together and we plan to do the settlement visa late this year.

Has anyone had any experience in this scenario? Also, if the child is registered as the child of the non-eea spouse, do you think this will help?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:39 am

Where were you born?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: British Citizen & Non-EU partner with child.

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 am

classicminichelsea wrote:I am a UK Citizen by birth. I have a child with a non-eea. Currently not married, although intend to at a later date. Once everything is in order we would like to live together in the UK. Has anyone been in this situation who has a child with a non-eea partner and who can shed some clearer light on it for me?
I am not sure which route to take, whether we apply for a spousal visa or a family permit etc. I have looked everywhere and I qualify for both 'apparently' but I don't know which one would be the more secure route or if anyone has any tricks or pointers in this area?

Thank you :)
Have you been living together in a relationship akin to marriage for two years? (In any country?)

Spouse visas are only available for spouses (you already need to be married. A fiance visa can be a precursor to a spouse visa... but you would need to show intentions of getting married in the next 6 months.