ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired Passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

archna7
Newly Registered

Expired Passport

Post by archna7 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi everyone,

Thank you for continuous help and support.

I am supposed to apply for Tier 1(General) extension around the end of December. My passport (which contains the tier 1 leave to remain stamp) was expired in June and I have got it renewed within UK.

My questions:

1) Is it compulsory for me to complete form of transfer of condition (TOC) and get my new passport stamped (and BRP) with the same limited leave to remain?

(My plan is to go with both old and new passports when I'll make extension application, but not sure whether can I do it or not)

2) I had understood from the guideline that I have to complete change of circumtances form to notify about new passport and post it to ukba which I have already done. Can anyone tell me generally how many days it will take for UKBA to confirm the change and send me some kind of receipt or letter?

3) If I do not receive any kind of change noted notification from ukba before my visa expires then can I make application of extension with my old and new passports or not? or I must have notification from ukba before extension application?

Thank you for help,

Best wishes,
Archna

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:24 pm

1. No
2. I am not sure they do send confirmation of the change
3. You don't need to wait.

archna7
Newly Registered

Thank you.

Post by archna7 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi Greenie,

Thank you for quick response. Kind regards,
Archna

archna7
Newly Registered

Post by archna7 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Greenie and all,

I have read somewhere that they send some kind of notification about that they have recorded the change mentiond in 'change of circumtances' form. Any ideas/info about time period in such case?

Thank you, Kind regards,
Archna

samaygrg

Re: Expired Passport

Post by samaygrg » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi Archana
I also have similar situation like urs. So I applied for ToC ( to transfer my remaining leave to remain to my new passport from the old one which is expiring in a month time).
They processed very quick, we did our biometrics as well. But after 3 wks, I got my documents back with a letter, that had written, ur application for ToC was inappropriate as u hve valid leave to remain and nothingelse, nothing changed.

Now I am so much confused; what extactly they mean by that?
So pls if you get any updates, pls share. and i request to all forum members, if you have any beautiful ideas/suggestions, pls help.

Thanks
archna7 wrote:Hi everyone,

Thank you for continuous help and support.

I am supposed to apply for Tier 1(General) extension around the end of December. My passport (which contains the tier 1 leave to remain stamp) was expired in June and I have got it renewed within UK.

My questions:

1) Is it compulsory for me to complete form of transfer of condition (TOC) and get my new passport stamped (and BRP) with the same limited leave to remain?

(My plan is to go with both old and new passports when I'll make extension application, but not sure whether can I do it or not)

2) I had understood from the guideline that I have to complete change of circumtances form to notify about new passport and post it to ukba which I have already done. Can anyone tell me generally how many days it will take for UKBA to confirm the change and send me some kind of receipt or letter?

3) If I do not receive any kind of change noted notification from ukba before my visa expires then can I make application of extension with my old and new passports or not? or I must have notification from ukba before extension application?

Thank you for help,

Best wishes,
Archna

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi guys,

I was in a similar situation, with my passport expiring 1 month prior to my visa validity date, I renewed my passport and submitted both my old cancelled passport (with valid visa vignette) and new passport for my extension and my extension was granted without any issues.

At that time, (May 2012), I don't remember seeing such a requirement mentioned in the policy guidelines about having to complete a change of circumstances form to notify UKBA about new passport.

The current policy guidelines, on pg31 states,
Change of Circumstances
165. If during your stay under Tier 1
(General), you wish to amend:
• Your contact details; or
• Details of your criminal convictions; or
• Your representative’s details; or
• Your dependants details
Since there is no mention of renewal of passport, I don't think this is necessary.

As for the TOC, from -> http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -passport/,

This page explains how you can ask us to transfer your multiple-entry visa or residence permit (known as a visa, 'leave to enter' or 'leave to remain') from an old passport or travel document to a biometric residence permit (BRP).

If your old passport contains a multiple-entry visa or residence permit, we can transfer your leave to a BRP.

You do not need to apply for a BRP. If you choose not to apply to have your leave transferred to a BRP, you should carry both your old and new passports when you travel to the UK - this will prove to our immigration officers that you have the right to be in the UK. If you cannot produce your visa or residence permit when you arrive at our border, you may not be allowed to enter the country.
Nowhere, is it mentioned that you must apply for TOC when you renew your passport.

Also, in the guide TOC document -> http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 102009.pdf in pg1 it is mentioned,

1 FOR WHICH APPLICATIONS MUST YOU USE
FORM TOC?
Form TOC must be used if you already have permission to be in the UK for a limited period as confirmed
by a stamp or sticker in a passport or other document
issued to you, and you now want that permission confirmed in another document (usually because you have
obtained a new passport
). This is known as a transfer
of conditions (TOC).
Now to me that sounds like if your old passport is damaged or lost and not because you have renewed your passport.

Both Archna's and Samaygrg's situation looks to me like a simple extension with both old and new passports.

Cheers,
OR