ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Left Master Degree in 2011 Now want to do Master Degree

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anusam50
Newly Registered

Left Master Degree in 2011 Now want to do Master Degree

Post by anusam50 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Hello
I started 21 months duration MBA in 2011 with Tier-4 visa issued to me for MBA but after 9 months I changed my visa to post study visa and left university with Graduate Certificate in Business Admin and started job. Recently in 2013, I changed my post study visa to Tier-2 (General). Due to redundancy , I have to leave my job and there are no chance to find another employer under current economic downturn in my sector.
My question is that can I go for MBA course now as due to loss of job this is the only option I have at moment??

Deviser

Re: Left Master Degree in 2011 Now want to do Master Degree

Post by Deviser » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:47 pm

anusam50 wrote:Hello
I started 21 months duration MBA in 2011 with Tier-4 visa issued to me for MBA but after 9 months I changed my visa to post study visa and left university with Graduate Certificate in Business Admin and started job. Recently in 2013, I changed my post study visa to Tier-2 (General). Due to redundancy , I have to leave my job and there are no chance to find another employer under current economic downturn in my sector.
My question is that can I go for MBA course now as due to loss of job this is the only option I have at moment??
If you entered in UK in 2011, I think you can easily switch to Tier-4 again with full MBA/Masters level (i.e. Level-7) course on the basis of your Graduate Certificate.

anusam50
Newly Registered

Post by anusam50 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:00 pm

I enter in UK in 2005 and was on workpermit until 2010

anusam50
Newly Registered

Post by anusam50 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Sorry, I enter in uk in 2005 and until 2009 , I was on work permit and in 2010 completed my MSc (engineering) on tier 4 then in Jan 2011 started MBA and left MBA in Sept 2011 and went for full time job. Please share your experience and views to help me

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:35 pm

anusam50 wrote:Sorry, I enter in uk in 2005 and until 2009 , I was on work permit and in 2010 completed my MSc (engineering) on tier 4 then in Jan 2011 started MBA and left MBA in Sept 2011 and went for full time job. Please share your experience and views to help me
Why not you applied for ILR on the basis of work visa?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Left Master Degree in 2011 Now want to do Master Degree

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:31 pm

anusam50 wrote:Hello
You last time started studies in January 2011 before the invention of academic progression in July 2011 and the degree cap. Finding new employer to stay on similar visa category should be preferable.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

anusam50
Newly Registered

Post by anusam50 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Deviser
4 years on work permit so not eligible for ilr.
sheraz7
sorry, I am not able to understand your point. can you please explain me in more detail as new employer is not possible. I started MBA in Jan 2011 after completing MSc (Engineering) but left the MBA in Sept 2011 and university awarded me a graduate certificate for my study from Jan 11 to Sept 11. Now I got offer of 2 years MBA from another university therefore I am planning to apply tier 4 visa with current 2 years MBA offer. If I get successful in my tier 4 visa application this time, by the time I complete MBA I will complete 10 years (in 2015) and then can go for long term ILR. I will be really thankful for members to know what could be UKBA decision on my tier-4 application now as they may not like me to complete 10 years
Please help

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:14 am

On one hand you did not hit the 6 years Master degree cap on tier 4 and on other hand now restarting your MBA then therefore, must be allowed due to represent academic progression. But remember if the time you spent earlier 2005-2009 fulfilled the work permit conditions only then it will be counted towards long residence ILR - 10 years.
REGARDS

anusam50
Newly Registered

Post by anusam50 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Thank you sherax7
This give me a bit relief about my tier-4 application which I am intend to submit next month. Please advise on followings:
Should I explain in my application that I have left my MBA previously? Whether it would be good to send certificate (awarded by university for my study from Jan 11 to Sept 11) to show that I have not completed mba that time and doing now?
I full fill work permit condition between 2005 to 09 so I do not think there will be any issues(hope so) for 10 years ilr in dec 2015

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Initially your institute will get approved your CAS from the UKBA based on what did you study before and most likely that university certificate will be used. Once CAS is approved then you will have to send similar documents as were included while assigning your CAS. I guess the certificate you have might be postgraduate certificate which many universities award before dissertation phase (last phase of master program).
REGARDS

anusam50
Newly Registered

Post by anusam50 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Sheraz7
Thanks, Certificate was Graduate Certificate in Business Admin so it was not post graduate certificate.
Secondly, I have applied on the basis of MSc degree so university do not know that after MSc, I got Graduate Certificate so a bit worry what to do now?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Graduate certificate also called pre-masters which usually university grant after 1st semester while 2nd semester leads to postgraduate diploma and 3rd to Masters degree. I think the certificate you luckily achieved in your latest qualification before academic progression rule should certainly help you for MBA which highlight academic progression indeed. Otherwise MSC engineering to MBA has no combination.
REGARDS

anusam50
Newly Registered

Post by anusam50 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:32 am

Thank you very much
It means, if I enclosed my Graduate certificate with my application it will help the application and do not act as a negative factor for my application.

I have few more question and request to the members of this forum to please help me from your experience

1) If I submit my tier-4 application now to UKBA, can I work until the start date of my course as it looks delay in redundancy and a some chances that my job will remain in the company ?
2) What I should do when I will not get any decisions from UKBA and not get confirmed redundancy from my employer at the time of my course start date - should I resign and join my course assuming my tier 4 visa will be successful or wait for UKBA decision to join my course and keep my job as it is- if university allow this to join latter ?
Please help on this practical aspect as this is a very likely situation which I am going to face in couple of next months. I will appreciate if some members can suggest some steps to change status from Tier-2 to Tier-4 keeping maximum duration in the current jobs with hope that I could be lucky to save my job.
Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:00 pm

REGARDS

anusam50
Newly Registered

Post by anusam50 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:58 am

Thanks for help and above link - very useful
In summary what I understand from above post is as below:
1) If my course start date is 1st Oct (Tuesday), I can send (by post) my tier-4 application on 30th Sept (Monday) to attained the MBA class on 1st Oct- Please can you confirm my understanding is correct.
2) Issue of CAS by university will not cancel my current Tier-2 sponsor certificate (valid until Dec 2015) and I remain in my job in the event of no redundancy and if I decide not to proceed for my MBA course on 1st Oct.

Thanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm

anusam50 wrote: sheraz7
sorry, I am not able to understand your point.
not many people on this forum understand sheraz7's point. :lol:

anusam50
Newly Registered

Post by anusam50 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Let me explain other way- I am on tier-2 visa (valid until Dec 2015) and I would like to work until 30th Sept just up to the date of my course start date and wish to join a my course starting on 1st Oct. Can I sent (by post) my tier-4 visa application on 30th Sept (my last working day) and attained the class on 1st Oct in the university. OR first I need to change my visa then attained the class.
Secondly, If a CAS is issued by university, does this means that my existing tier-2 sponsorship certificate become invalid on the issue of CAS by university?- This is important because in case my redundancy does not happen, I would prefer to be in job rather than going to university
Please help me and advise me

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:26 pm

bruteforce wrote: not many people on this forum understand sheraz7's point. :lol:
Query has already been answered and even the most relevant link has been provided. If you have no query and are a general reader of forum then might be it will be bit difficult to understand for you.
REGARDS

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:26 pm

read the link
REGARDS

anusam50
Newly Registered

Post by anusam50 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Thank you very much Sheraz7 for your help, advise and useful link. These will really be helpful in my application.