ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Career change dilemma

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eemsak
Newly Registered

Career change dilemma

Post by eemsak » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:48 am

I have nearly 10 years experience as an ETV developer mainly in Datastage, but familiar with Informatica and other tools. I am now jobless and there are no jobs at all in Datastage in UK market. My most recent experience is in Datastage. I have started training for MS BI stack and taking certification 70-448. I have limited experience in MS Bi 2005 and that was back in 2006/2007. I am not sure what sort of jobs should I be aiming for once I get the certification and how should I present my CV. I have worked in several domains over the years and I have gained many skills that are transferable. Do I have start all over again at the junior level? I am not sure if certification + limited experience is going to get me any mid-level jobs. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.javascript:emoticon(':?')