ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPEAL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Peter77
Newly Registered

APPEAL

Post by Peter77 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:02 am

Hie guys
l submitted my ILR application in July 2012 under 14 year rule and got rejected in May this year. Refused on grounds of an unspent driving conviction.l have since apppealed and my court date is coming up soon. The conviction became unspent two weeks ago so now l have no unspent convictions.
-l just wanted to find out what could be Home Office"s aurguement in court??
-Has anyone been in this situation?
-What do u think about my situation?
-Any advice and information would be much appreciated.
-Do l need any witness statements?

Thank you guys for all the information you have provided me with in the past

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:15 am

What was the conviction and when was it given? From December 2012, the new rule is a 24 month refusal time for non-custodial convictions. However, when you applied the conviction had to be spent as per the 1974 Act.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Peter77
Newly Registered

Post by Peter77 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:25 am

[quote="D4109125"]What was the conviction and when was it given? From December 2012, the new rule is a 24 month refusal time for non-custodial convictions. However, when you applied the conviction had to be spent as per the 1974 Act.[/quo

Thanks for the response, the conviction was failure to provide a specimen for analysis. convicted in July 2008.

Peter77
Newly Registered

Post by Peter77 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:26 am

Peter77 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:What was the conviction and when was it given? From December 2012, the new rule is a 24 month refusal time for non-custodial convictions. However, when you applied the conviction had to be spent as per the 1974 Act.[/quo

Thanks for the response, the conviction was failure to provide a specimen for analysis. convicted in July 2008.
what do u mean by 24 months refusa time??