ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for US tourist visa H1B applied on other passport

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Harrymady
Newly Registered

Applying for US tourist visa H1B applied on other passport

Post by Harrymady » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi,

I have recently got my british passport I wanted to apply for tourist visa to visit my sister but have applied twice for H1B once in 2008 in India and 2010 from London both on Indian passport. On both occasions they put query on application (further administration processing) and never came back to me that my Visa is refused. So on the question have you ever been refused US visa what answer will improve my chances.

Now that I have received British passport what are the chances of approval on ESTA application. How could I improve my chances.

Regards,
Harry

VR

Refused twice

Post by VR » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 am

Even though you have your british passport, you will need to disclose the fact that your visa was refused twice.

They are extremely strict. A person who successfully got his H1 and worked in the US before has found it difficult to get a visa when he applied recently.

They are questioning everything, work experience, qualifications, intentions, everything. So decide what the likely outcome will be for you, when you apply again.
cheers
vr