ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa date start??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

helpme123

visit visa date start??

Post by helpme123 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 am

HI, if i want to move UK as visitor on 28th December.if i apply visa tomorrow with traveling date 28th Dec 2013. and if my visa comes in September. From which date my six month started. is it from the day one visa comes or the date which mention in forms. as(28th December) , please reply

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:38 am

The visa will be issued with a start date and that is when the six month counter begins. It's not from the day you actually enter the country. But, when you apply, you can request that the visa start date be delayed for anything up to 3 months. So in your case you should apply on or after sept 28 and ask for a start date of dec 28.

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:44 am

Lucapooka wrote:The visa will be issued with a start date and that is when the six month counter begins. It's not from the dayb
you actually enter the country
Sorry Lucapooka, i am really sorry i could not clear my question . actually i wanna ask , if i mention in visa application i want to travel uk on 28th December. and i apply today in August. suppose my application approved and visa granted in two weeks . what should be date mention on visa. sorry if i m still fail to explain my query.is it from 28th dec or something in September etc

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:47 am

I have answered your question
Lucapooka wrote:So in your case you should apply on or after sept 28 and ask for a start date of dec 28.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Unfortunately, some ECOs ignore effective date requests.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.