ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need an OCI Affidavit about not having an Indian Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vkp1953
Newly Registered

I need an OCI Affidavit about not having an Indian Passport

Post by vkp1953 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi fellow members,

I have just been to the High Commission of India to submit my OCI application. Unfortunately for me, I need to get the following before my application can be considered.

1. I have never had an Indian passport because I traveled on my mother's British passport as a child. Though I am born in India and so were my parents, I now have to give some sort of a notarized declaration that I have never had an Indian passport.
2. I have to get my birth certificate translated in to English and notarized (I think)

Can anyone who has gone through this process put in me in touch with a reasonable charging Notary who has done this work before?

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

vkp1953 :roll:

yvo1234

Notary public affidavit for OCI card

Post by yvo1234 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:19 pm

You have to get notary affidavit , I done for my son. you have to find in your city where you live some body do notary affidavit. On the affidavit you have to declare since you were born in India neither acquired nor applied Indian nationality /passport and give detail how you got British passport.
I paid £40 pound, but I provide written draft ( like affidavit), without draft they want to charge £150 . If somebody minor them both parents have to sign affidavit behalf applicant.

vkp1953
Newly Registered

Post by vkp1953 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi yvo1234, 20/02/2012

Thank you very much for your reply. I have also inquired about the notary charge. In London, the cheapest quote I got was £75. Even that is too much. I am now trying to find out whether a Court can do this for you. however, if you know of any other way to do this cheaper, then please post a reply on this forum. Also let me know the name and address of the Notary Public who is doing it for £40. I can draft my own declaration.

Thanks and regards

vkp1953 :lol:

OCI Minor application AFFIDAVIT sample format

Post by 23062006 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:39 pm

All, after a long stuggle, I have finally managed to get the minor OCI application AFFIDAVIT format. I have filled myself and get it signed by one of Solicitor in Edinburgh with charge of £45. I have attached the sample format ....

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Affidavit proforma?

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Hello,

I am now required to file a notarised affidavit for my child for non-acquisition of Indian passport/citizenship.

I tried on google and found some templates, however I would liek to cross check with if anybody have the proforma used for UK consulates/embassy?

If someone can point me towards appropriate link, it will be helpful.

Many thanks.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Notarised Affidavit for just £20 in Aberdeen

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 am

Ok beat this price. I prepared the draft (based on the templates I took from various locations on web) and notary public charged only £20 to seal, stamp and sign. :)

I have pasted excerpts from my Affidavit for everyone's use. This is addressed to CGI Edinburgh and by a married couple for their minor child who never had Indian passport and born British. Every case may have some differences and the affidavit contents need to be tweaked to reflect such scenarios.

Also if anybody likes the original MS word proforma, send me your email either in PM or here and I will send.

Also it is standard practice for UK Public notary to make two separate affidavits in such a case, but you have to mention that the concerned embassy/consulate wants this as a "joint affidavit" and both parties are to sign on single affidavit in front of notary public.

Also dont forget to take along your original Passports, marriage certificate, minor's birth certificate and utility bill for the address, which the notary likes to make a photocopy and keep for their office records.

Also make sure you leave sufficient space under the last line for notary public to put his/her seal, signature and stamps. I recommend 1/3rd of the page from bottom is left blank.

Plain white paper to be used for printing the affidavit. No stamp paper required in the UK.

Also notary usually sign in blue ink, however I asked for black ink signature, just to be safer side from Consulate perspective! Original Joint affidavit goes to consulate/embassy in support of OCI application, no harm in sending a photocopy also in addition to the original.

"CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA
EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND, UK

AFFIDAVIT

[DECLARING NON-ACQUISITION OF INDIAN NATIONALITY]

We, Mr. XYZ, Son of Mr. PQR, Date of Birth HOLD, holder of British Passport Number HOLD issued on HOLD at IPS UK, AND Mrs. ABC, Wife of Mr. XYZ, Date of Birth HOLD, holder of British Passport Number HOLD issued on HOLD, at IPS UK, both resident of ADDRESS, UK do hereby solemnly declare and affirm as follows:
1. That minor, Miss EFG, Daughter of Mr. XYZ and Mrs. ABC, Date of Birth HOLD is continuously resident at ADDRESS UK from DATE.
2. That minor, Miss EFG is British citizen by birth, holder of British Passport Number HOLD issued on HOLD at IPS UK and that she has neither acquired the citizenship of India or any other country nor have acquired Indian Passport.
3. That name of the minor, Miss EFG, has neither been included in the minor’s father’s passports nor the minor’s mother’s passports.
Verified that the contents of the above mentioned affidavit are true and correct and nothing material has been concealed.
Place: HOLD
Date: HOLD-------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
(Signature of Father) (Signature of Mother)
SIGNED AND EXECUTED BEFORE ME. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENTS UNDERTAKEN.
"

ami123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Notarised Affidavit for just £20 in Aberdeen

Post by ami123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Mauser1905 wrote:Ok beat this price. I prepared the draft (based on the templates I took from various locations on web) and notary public charged only £20 to seal, stamp and sign. :)

I have pasted excerpts from my Affidavit for everyone's use. This is addressed to CGI Edinburgh and by a married couple for their minor child who never had Indian passport and born British. Every case may have some differences and the affidavit contents need to be tweaked to reflect such scenarios.

Also if anybody likes the original MS word proforma, send me your email either in PM or here and I will send.

Also it is standard practice for UK Public notary to make two separate affidavits in such a case, but you have to mention that the concerned embassy/consulate wants this as a "joint affidavit" and both parties are to sign on single affidavit in front of notary public.

Also dont forget to take along your original Passports, marriage certificate, minor's birth certificate and utility bill for the address, which the notary likes to make a photocopy and keep for their office records.

Also make sure you leave sufficient space under the last line for notary public to put his/her seal, signature and stamps. I recommend 1/3rd of the page from bottom is left blank.

Plain white paper to be used for printing the affidavit. No stamp paper required in the UK.

Also notary usually sign in blue ink, however I asked for black ink signature, just to be safer side from Consulate perspective! Original Joint affidavit goes to consulate/embassy in support of OCI application, no harm in sending a photocopy also in addition to the original.

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND, UK

AFFIDAVIT

We, Mr. XYZ, Son of Mr. PQR, Date of Birth HOLD, holder of British Passport Number HOLD issued on HOLD at IPS UK, AND Mrs. ABC, Wife of Mr. XYZ, Date of Birth HOLD, holder of British Passport Number HOLD issued on HOLD, at IPS UK, both resident of ADDRESS, UK do hereby solemnly declare and affirm as follows:
1. That minor, Miss EFG, Daughter of Mr. XYZ and Mrs. ABC, Date of Birth HOLD is continuously resident at ADDRESS UK from DATE.
2. That minor, Miss EFG is British citizen by birth, holder of British Passport Number HOLD issued on HOLD at IPS UK and that she has neither acquired the citizenship of India or any other country nor have acquired Indian Passport.
3. That name of the minor, Miss EFG, has neither been included in the minor’s father’s passports nor the minor’s mother’s passports.
Verified that the contents of the above mentioned affidavit are true and correct and nothing material has been concealed.
Date: HOLD-------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
"
thanks for this info/template.

I may need this after 6 months for yet to come newborn child:)

fardiinc
Newly Registered

OCI Affidavit for not having indian passport

Post by fardiinc » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:52 am

AFFIDAVIT

[DECLARING NON-ACQUISITION OF INDIAN NATIONALITY/PASSPORT]

I MR. XYZ BORN ON XYZ AT INDIA HOLD A BRITISH PASSPORT NUMBER 123 ISSUED AT XYZ, UK AND PRESENTLY SETTLED AT THE ADDRESS: XYZ WISH TO HEREBY SOLEMNLY DECLARE AND AFFIRM AS FOLLOWS:
I HAVE NEITHER HELD OR ACQUIRED AN INDIAN PASSPORT/CITIZENSHIP, AS MY FATHER XYZ IS BRITISH AND HE HAD WISHED ME TO HAVE BRITISH NATIONALITY. I ALSO CONFIRM THAT ALL THE DETAILS MENTIONED IN THIS AFFIDAVIT ARE TRUE & CORRECT AND NO INFORMATION HAS BEEN CONCEALED

PLACE:
DATE:
SIGNATURE:
SIGNED BEFORE ME:

jishar81
Newly Registered

Re: I need an OCI Affidavit about not having an Indian Passp

Post by jishar81 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:03 pm

my daughter acquired british passport from india and never held indian passport or citizenship. Indian embassy now requires a signed affidait to confirm this, just like to know if this document can be signed by a single parent or does this has to be signed by both parents...

sanky
Newly Registered

Re: Notarised Affidavit for just £20 in Aberdeen

Post by sanky » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi
Could you please share the word template the for the Affidavit. I need Affidavit to apply OCI for my kid.
Thanks
Mauser1905 wrote:Ok beat this price. I prepared the draft (based on the templates I took from various locations on web) and notary public charged only £20 to seal, stamp and sign. :)

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND, UK

AFFIDAVIT

"

vidsrao

Re: I need an OCI Affidavit about not having an Indian Passp

Post by vidsrao » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 am

Hi There,

Please can you give me the notary contact who signed your affidavit? Also can you send me the word document with all affidavit content details.

PS: We live in Aberdeen.

Thanks,
Vidhya