ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am confused !!

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cllk
Newly Registered

I am confused !!

Post by cllk » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:11 am

I don't know what do ?, I am willing to immigrate to the united states, I have a secondary school degree and I am a programmer but without a certificate, I can't find an employer. Is there anyway to immigrate to the us, I belong to a country in the middle east with low immigration rate though. I really need to leave due some problems including religion. Is it possible in the us ? if not is there any country I can immigrate to ? I read so many governments websites about immigration but the conditions disappointed me. Does a certificate really matters ? I never worked for a company or something her so I have no prove that I am qualified programmer unless they test me... please help me, I am very anxious and disappointed.

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:01 pm

I don't know about other countries, but US doesn't sound like a good option.

VR

Why do you say USA does not sound like a good Option

Post by VR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:29 am

Lifofifo,

For every job currently being advertised in the whole of UK they has 100's of jobs in individual states. Their economy is growing faster than Europe. The expected reforms if even a small portion goes through, it will make H1b visas much sought after.

I wonder why you say the USA is not a good option. I am anxious as I am likely to move soon. Appreciate if you can share your thoughts
VR

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:41 am

H1B visa requires a professional degree. Or 5+ years of experience. The OP doesn't seem to have those.

VR

The H1b Requirement

Post by VR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Lifofifo,

They not only need Professional Degree but also Work Experience evaluated of 5plus years. They require both as I know from the current years' quota.
cheers
vr

VR

The H1b Requirement

Post by VR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Lifofifo,

They not only need Professional Degree but also Work Experience evaluated of 5plus years. They require both as I know from the current years' quota.
cheers
vr

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:38 pm

That's not true. They require work experience only when you don't have a degree

VR

another perspective

Post by VR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Lifofifo,

I have US professional qualifications in Finance. Yet for H1b which is an IT visa they sought IT experience of 4years which I had as far back as 2000 itself. They are pretty strict
cheers
vr

VR

another perspective

Post by VR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Lifofifo,

I have US professional qualifications in Finance. Yet for H1b which is an IT visa they sought IT experience of 4years which I had as far back as 2000 itself. They are pretty strict
cheers
vr

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:16 pm

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Of course, if you're applying for H1B for an IT job, your finance degree is worthless.

VR

Yup

Post by VR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Lifofifo,

As you know most of the appointments (short term contracts) just give the title and rate and start date and duration of the contract, I had to go back and get detailed job descriptions from past contracts I worked on in the form of affidavits etc. Then pay 60quid for each to be notarized.

Looking at the whole thing, 10years ago I had a H1b and started my career in the US and for that filing they had evaluated my credentials as having a US PG degree plus 4.5years experience in Financial Programming, ERP and IT.

For the current filing, they refused to accept the old filing and wanted all the info to be submitted again. It was ludicrous to go back to companies where you worked 10 years ago and ask for job descriptions. There is Big Time Redtape not just in UK even in the US. Amazing.
cheers
vr

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:37 am

I fail to understand the relevance of your post. The rules are loud and clear on the official website. Obviously, they do make sure your degree is relevant to the job being applied for. If not, they'll probably check details of your past work experience.

Having said that, now you know why I suggested to OP that the US is not a good choice for him/her.