ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Supporting Documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nawaz

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Supporting Documents

Post by nawaz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 am

Hello everyone,

I have been working in UK for the last two years on old style work permit and have recently switched into the new Tier 2 (General) visa category. My wife (recently married) will be applying for Tier 2 dependent visa soon from outside UK (Pakistan). I have gone through the UKBA website and think that the following supporting documents are required for her application,

1) Letter from my employer confirming my employment
2) Marriage certificate
3) My bank statements showing sufficient funds
4) Copy of my visa or BRP card

However, while browsing the forum, I have seen posts that mention tenancy agreement or a letter from landlord. Can someone, please tell me if the tenancy agreement is required? If yes does it have to be certified and by whom?

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Cheers

nawaz

Post by nawaz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Can someone please help?

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:56 pm

nawaz wrote:Can someone please help?
Nawaz bhai AOA

first of all:

a. you must sign an affidavit of sponsorship, saying that u will be responsible for all expenses of ur dependent while her stay in uk, with ur overall income and ur contact details including e-mail, work, home and mob numbers.

b. ur wife must complete appl form and sign it.

c. ur wife must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months or more.

d. ur wife must have TB test report from approved testing center.

see http://www.ukvacpk.com/ for further details about application from Pakistan.

then

4 things u need to prove
----------------------------

1.your (main applicant) immigration status

PROOF: certified copies of ur visa+passport+homeoffice letter of approval

2.Maintenance (that u can support ur wife) minimum of £533 kept in ur account for 90 days.

PROOF: original bank statements+ last 6 months payslips (original or certified copies)

3. accomodation

PROOF: certified copy of tenancy agreement (one bed flat or house will be ok in ur case)

4. relationship
PROOF:Original Marriage certificate (if u have NADRA one that is fine, but if u have Urdu nikahnama then u must attach its translate from a Lawyer) +Pre-marriage (if possible) marriage and post marriage pictures of you and ur wife.

Note: certified means attested by solicitor with his contact info.

Optional document: 1. letter from ur employer certifying ur employment
2. latest phone records showing u are in regular contact with ur wife e.g phone bills (highlight her number, same number must be put in contact details of application form which she will fill) or western union receipts may also be used.

Good Luck

nawaz

Post by nawaz » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Thank you very much for the information, really appreciate it.

Does anyone have an idea of the time frame for tier 2 dependant visa from Pakistan? Thanks

desimad
Newly Registered

Post by desimad » Mon May 07, 2012 1:50 pm

mt_dilber wrote:
Nawaz bhai AOA

first of all:

a. you must sign an affidavit of sponsorship, saying that u will be responsible for all expenses of ur dependent while her stay in uk, with ur overall income and ur contact details including e-mail, work, home and mob numbers.

see http://www.ukvacpk.com/ for further details about application from Pakistan.

then

4 things u need to prove

2.Maintenance (that u can support ur wife) minimum of £533 kept in ur account for 90 days.

PROOF: original bank statements+ last 6 months payslips (original or certified copies)

3. accomodation

PROOF: certified copy of tenancy agreement (one bed flat or house will be ok in ur case)

4. relationship
PROOF:Original Marriage certificate (if u have NADRA one that is fine, but if u have Urdu nikahnama then u must attach its translate from a Lawyer) +Pre-marriage (if possible) marriage and post marriage pictures of you and ur wife.

2. latest phone records showing u are in regular contact with ur wife e.g phone bills (highlight her number, same number must be put in contact details of application form which she will fill) or western union receipts may also be used.

Good Luck
Could You please explain affidavit more . can i use my companies letter head for that or a simple letter but attested in Pakistan ?

Nav001
Newly Registered

Can some one advise please

Post by Nav001 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi

The information you provided is quite helpful only thing i want to ask has anything changed requirement wise since than or its still same another thing you have mentioned salary slips for last six months i could not find anything about that on UKBA web site but few people told me that it will be for last three months not for six months please confirm

Regards

mt_dilber wrote:
Nawaz bhai AOA

first of all:

then

4 things u need to prove

3. accomodation

4. relationship

Good Luck

sreekan2

Post by sreekan2 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:23 am

For applying a Visa for her and to prove the relationship I only got the following ones available
my name as her spouse on her passport
marriage affidavit with notary
wedding invitation
wedding photographs

can you please guide me that does the above ones will be enough to prove our relationship

reflection

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa Supporting Documents

Post by reflection » Fri May 30, 2014 5:52 pm

HI Everyone,

thanks a lot for your helpful information. but in one requirement i am failed to show. cause i have received tier 2 visa in august 2013 and my join date was on September 2013. but due to project delay of the company i couldnt join in September. on 16th May i have received a letter from company to start work from 2nd of June. which obviously a good news for me. in February been to back home and get married. now i intend to bring my wife in UK. except Pay slip i got every supportive documents.

but after reading all of your suggestion, now i am totally confused. what i should do. and also in UKBA Dependent Visa Guidence doesnt saying anything about Pay slip. still i am looking forward from you.

Thanks