ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization - Passport or Driving License

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wasiter

Naturalization - Passport or Driving License

Post by wasiter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:50 am

Hi All,

Wife is submitting the application tomorrow...Just wondering
is it mandatory that we have to submit the Passport as a EVIDENCE of Identity. She also has Provisional Driving License. Can we submit Provisional license.

The reason i was asking this question is because - what if we need passport urgently for any immediate travel?

Also, if i submit the passport and ask it back - does that mean my application is withdrawn? In that case, what happens to the application form fee?

Could someone kindly clarify please?

Thanks

Tats

Post by Tats » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:57 am

Are you using NCS or sending it directly?

There is the option of applying through NCS (Nationality Checking Service) at various councils where they check, photocopy and give you back any document you provide including your passport/driving licence. Then they send in your application to UKBA. You should apply through it if you want your documents or passport back.

I don't know if you can request them to return the passport without it affecting the application.
Last edited by Tats on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 am

Tats wrote:Are you using NCS?

There is the option of applying through NCS (Nationality Checking Service) at various councils where they check, photocopy and give you back any document you provide including your passport/driving licence. Then they send in your application to UKBA. You should have applied through it.

I don't know if you can request them to return the passport without it affecting the application.

Thanks...Iam applying through NCS Lewisham. Let me check withthem

Tats

Post by Tats » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:03 am

Alright. Then they will return the original documents or passport/driving licence to you.

If you used driving licence to sit for the life in the UK test, then you must carry it along with the passport to NCS. The passport is needed to check/confirm absences and to also verify identity.

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am

Tats wrote:Alright. Then they will return the original documents or passport/driving licence to you.

If you used driving licence to sit for the life in the UK test, then you must carry it along with the passport to NCS. The passport is needed to check/confirm absences and to also verify identity.
Yes, NCS Lewisham just confirmed that they will take a photocopy and retirn it back to you!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Tats wrote:Alright. Then they will return the original documents or passport/driving licence to you.

Where in the guidance states you need your drivers permit if you used it to sit life in UK test?
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

sikiliza69

Post by sikiliza69 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Where in the guidance states you need your drivers permit if you used it to sit life in UK test?[/quote]

Under section 3:
what you will need to send with the form

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:09 pm

D4109125 wrote:Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.