ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confused:benefits vs. indefinite leave to remain application

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Frazzled
Newly Registered

confused:benefits vs. indefinite leave to remain application

Post by Frazzled » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi,

I'm in the middle of trying to complete my set (M) form for the indefinite leave to remain. I'm still a bit confused regarding the benefits section and would appreciate any advice.

My husband is a British Citizen and we have a 2 year old daughter. The child benefit is claimed under his name as my spouse visa states that I have no recourse to public funds. However, he also claimed child tax credit but its under a joint name.

I've been here for 2 years and wasn't working the first year because of the baby. Then, the year after I went to university to do my Masters. Both my husband and I are self-funding ourselves through savings.

Would any of this affect my application?

Also what should I put in the application in regards to the public funds, when in actuality I'm not the one claiming it and it goes to my husband.

Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 pm

That' fine just tick husband claiming Child Benefit and both for tax credits. The caseworker will understand that this is permissible and required by law.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Frazzled
Newly Registered

Post by Frazzled » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:43 pm

D4109125 wrote:That' fine just tick husband claiming Child Benefit and both for tax credits. The caseworker will understand that this is permissible and required by law.
Thanks Guru. I will only fill in the benefit detail for my partner's side and leave mine as blank then.

Also, we've just moved to live with his mother and there isn't a proof of address for the both of us here as its very recent. Would that be a problem? I have proof of other places we've resided.

Thanks