ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The US Govt. shutdown to affect H-1B Visa holders

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dileepp89
BANNED

The US Govt. shutdown to affect H-1B Visa holders

Post by dileepp89 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:49 am

The govt. Shutdown has come down hard on the immigrants working in the US with H-1B visas, especially if their Visa renewal is scheduled on the coming week. Immigration Lawyer are of the opinion that the Shutdown will not last more than one week, which is a good news. But those whose visa's expires before the patching up between the Democrats and the Republicans will have a tough time. The American Bazaar reported that, if the Passport agencies abroad are inside the govt. building, it might be also affected by the Shutdown. Companies recruiting new employees cannot E-Verify employees and they too get affected. :oops:

VR

Not true

Post by VR » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 am

Services which are paid for by users will not be affected as other services. Though things might slow down a tad more than usual. The problem will be felt if the closure extends beyond 3 weeks is what I hear.
cheers
vr

dileepp89
BANNED

Re: Not true

Post by dileepp89 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 am

VR wrote:Services which are paid for by users will not be affected as other services. Though things might slow down a tad more than usual. The problem will be felt if the closure extends beyond 3 weeks is what I hear.
cheers
vr
I came to know this from : http://www.americanbazaaronline.com/201 ... -lockdown/. May be should inform them. Do you have any source to verify?

VR

I am waiting to travel myself

Post by VR » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:56 am

I have been in touch with my employers there.
cheers
vr