ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving offence LC20 - Fined by court - Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umeree
Newly Registered

Driving offence LC20 - Fined by court - Naturalisation

Post by umeree » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi,
I have been living in the UK since Sep 2001. I was granted ILR in Jan 2012. Now I want to apply for Naturalisation.

I have a traffic offense back in April 2008. I was driving car on International license. I have stopped by police offer. He asked me question about my driving license I told him that I have International License, he asked me when did I come to UK. I told him I came in Sep 2001. He told me that I can't drive on International license as I have been living in this country for over a year and I also have UK provisional license. He seized my car. After few months I received the Her Majesty's courts service collection order. I admit the offence and didn't go to court I paid £100 fine and I received 3 points. The conviction date was July 2008.

Since then when ever I apply for extension and when I applied for ILR couple of years ago I declared my traffic offence.

Now I want to apply for Naturalisation,

I want to know if my offence comes under criminal offence?
Do I need to tick Yes on question 3.6 where it say Have you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?

I rang DVLA ask them if I have any points on my license they said no. I told them that I go points on my license in July 2008. They told me to fill D1 Application so they will send me clean license.

I want to know if I apply for Naturalisation now the traffic offence which I did back in April 2008 will effect my case?
If Yes then when is the best time for me to apply for Naturalisation.
Kindly help me.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:09 am

Declare the conviction as a conviction and you'll be fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

umeree
Newly Registered

Post by umeree » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:21 am

Thank you Guru for your advice. I have few more questions.
Do I need to send my counterpart with the application?
I have passed life in the UK test in Nov 2011. Do I need to pass life in the UK test again?
If I send my documents after 28 Oct do I need to pass language test ( I am graduate from UK university) if not do I need to send my degree?

Question 3.5 Address of Tax office or tax office reference number. I don't know my Tax office address where I can find this.

I have requested employment letter from my employer. Can I send the letter with my application. I have been living in UK over 12 Years. My last employment started in 2006, do I need to tell other employment or studies I have within that period.

I hope you don't mind to answer these questions.
Many Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 am

umeree wrote:Thank you Guru for your advice. I have few more questions.
Do I need to send my counterpart with the application?

That would be wise.

I have passed life in the UK test in Nov 2011. Do I need to pass life in the UK test again?

No.

If I send my documents after 28 Oct do I need to pass language test ( I am graduate from UK university) if not do I need to send my degree?

Yes.

Question 3.5 Address of Tax office or tax office reference number. I don't know my Tax office address where I can find this.

On your wage slip.

I have requested employment letter from my employer. Can I send the letter with my application. I have been living in UK over 12 Years. My last employment started in 2006, do I need to tell other employment or studies I have within that period.

You do not need to send a letter from your employer. Just the tax reference number which your payroll dept will know, send the last month's pay slip as well.

I hope you don't mind to answer these questions.
Many Thanks
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.