ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Change of Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blakedhale
Newly Registered

Post by blakedhale » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Hello,

Probably an easy question but some help would be much appreciated. I have a current Tier 2 (General) Visa. I just got a new job and they have provided me with a Certificate of Sponsorship.

The UKBA Tier 2 Policy guidance says I need to apply to change employer on my current visa. I cannot find an application form for this anywhere, nor any clear guidance on how to proceed. Do I actually need to apply for a new visa?

Some help here would be great. I find the UKBA website lacking on this topic, but maybe I am missing something.

Many thanks!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General Change of Employment

Post by physicskate » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:33 pm

blakedhale wrote:Hello,

The UKBA Tier 2 Policy guidance says I need to apply to change employer on my current visa. I cannot find an application form for this anywhere, nor any clear guidance on how to proceed. Do I actually need to apply for a new visa?

Many thanks!
It is essentially applying for a new visa. However, you don't need to prove maintenance or English language. All you need to send in is the regular Tier 2 app, 2 passport photos, your current BRP and your passport. Pay the fee and await your biometric invitation.

Good luck.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:50 pm

blakedhale
Newly Registered

Post by blakedhale » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks for the help guys.
Much appreciated.

Now for the paperwork...

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi Dude,

What is your status currently? Did you apply for new Tier 2 visa with COS?

I would like to understand when we change employer in Tier 2(bascicaly switch from Tier 2 employer to another Tier 2 employer), does it required Resident Labour MArket Test?

Thanks

Basharat81

Post by Basharat81 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:55 am

Hi premebe555,

Yes this will require labour market test, and change of employer mean that you are going from one Tier 2 Registered employer to another one.

Hope this will be help full

Thanks

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Thanks for reply dude....

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa which is valid from Oct 2013 to Nov 2016. Prior to this visa I was working in PSW (Tier 1visa). So Labour Market Test was not required when I switch from PSW to Tier 2 General.

I have been recetly interviewed by another employer in UK and they are ready to take me on board.

Now my questions are.

1. Does the new employer need to submit labour market test along with COS(Certificate of sponsorship)?

2. Can they provide Certificate of Sponsorship before I resign my current job?

3. If I get Certificate of Sponsorship letter from my new employer, Can I apply for a visa during my notice period in current company? (I mean resign the job and apply for visa during my 30 days notice period.)

4. Do I need to extend* the Tier 2 visa or apply for new one? ( I have completed 1 year 3 months in Tier 2 visa)

Please read the title -"If you change your job" - https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

5. So if I extend my Tier 2 visa can I apply for 5 years?

6. And more importantly can any one please share UKBA - support email id or contact number please?

Please help me on this as I need the information very quickly to make quick decision. This is life changing.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your help!

Basharat81

Post by Basharat81 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi there,

Last week I changd the employer and changed the visa. Here are the answers of your questions

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Need to apply for new visa
5. Yes you can apply for more than 3 years but they will issue you a visa upto 6 years, for example you are on tier 2 visa already from last two years and if you will go for five years the home office will issue you the visitor 4 years only. Because in tier 2 you can stay maximum 6 years,

Hope will be helpful
Thanks

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:28 am

Hello Friend,

Thanks for your reply to my questions. Could you please tell me what are the documents I have to ask my potential employer to submit in UK embasy to get COS certificate?

1. Do I need to give my passport and visa details to my potential employer?
2. What document they should use for resident labour market test? Is there any application they have to fill?
3. What are the job websites they have to advertised before they apply for resident labour market application?
4. Can I get COS certificate before I resign my current job?

Thanks

Basharat81

Post by Basharat81 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:49 am

Hi,
I assume your potencial employer is already on Tier 2 Register, they don't need to submit any of the document to the home office,
As they will generate a CoS for you from home office system, and will give you the number that you need to mention on your application form.
Answers of your questions
1: Just need to give them a copy of your passport, no need to give them original
2: I am not sure about these documents, as this is your employer related, information here will be helpful http://www.workpermit.com/uk/tier-2-vis ... t-test.htm
3: Jobcentre Plus and one more related to your job, for IT companies use, JobSite,
4: Yes, but you need to start working for new employer on the date mentioned on your new CoS.

I will sugest you that ask your employer to issue the CoS and then you should switch your visa before giving the resign to your current employer.

Hope this will be helpful

Thanks

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Dear all

I am on a Tier-2 visa and I would like to change my job to another employer. I have a question regarding the shortage occupation list.

My current job is on the shortage occupation list. However, my future job will not be. However they are both under the same SOC code, though with different employers. According to Appendix I of the immigration rules, point d(iii)(2) for ILR, if a job "appears on the Shortage Occupation List in Appendix K, or has appeared on that list during any time the applicant was being sponsored to do that job and during the continuous period of 5 years referred to in paragraph (c) above", then sub paragraph (d)(ii) does not apply (which is regarding minimum payment for ILR).

Now this is a bit confusing.

Does this mean that if the applicant, during his 5-year continues period, has ever worked on a Tier-2 visa under shortage occupation list for any job/employer then this minimum payment will not be applied anymore, or does it only mean that if the job that you are doing at the time of applying for your ILR has once been on shortage occupation list but is now removed, then it doesn't apply.

In other words, does this exception apply to your application if you have ever worked in a job on a shortage occupation list in that 5 years, or does it only apply to your last job when you are applying for ILR. I hope I am clear in what I mean by my question.

Thanks in advance.

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Hello Basharat81,

thanks for your reply., with regard to your last paragraph, I would like to know did you get the visa from your new employer before you resign your current job?

Do you have UKBA helpdesk number?

thanks

Basharat81

Post by Basharat81 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi, I secured the visa before leaving my current company. But in fact as we got the notice period for one month that's why I gave the resign after securing CoS from my new employer.

And befor joining my new company I been in home office for premium service and they sorted my application in just 40 minutes.

I am sorry I haven't got any number of home office help desk

Thanks

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Hello Basharat81, thanks for your reply .. sorry to bother you..

1. Even I have 30 days notice period.
2. Did your new employer specified the labour market test in your COS? and how did you know your new employer submited labour market test to UK embassy for you?
3. whether linkedin job advertisement will be calculated for labour market test? - My role is into UX design

Thanksss!