ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLS HELP: PREGNANT WIFE - Indian Passport Renewal HCI London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Singhy

PLS HELP: PREGNANT WIFE - Indian Passport Renewal HCI London

Post by Singhy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:33 am

Friends ,

I AM IN NEED OF YOUR URGENT HELP

I have applied for my wife's Indian passport to be renewed at HCI London this morning.

Based on my experience last year when i got my passport renewed , I had it back in a week's time. But today when i submitted my wife's application - I was told that it will take 5-6 weeks.

This poses a problem for my wife who is pregnant and is due to travel to India mid Nov.

QUESTION 1 - From your recent experience of applying for renewal at HCI London in person , how much time did it take for you to get back your new passport.

QUESTION 2 - I also noticed that there is a Tatkal scheme as well. Given the fact that i have already submitted by wife's passport through normal route , can i now change it to tatkal now ? If so what is the procedure please.

QUESTION 3 - How many days does Tatkal scheme take to renew the passport ?

Would realy appreciate if any of you could help us please.

Thanks, Y

eashkuma4
India

Passport

Post by eashkuma4 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:42 pm

You could send an email to Passport section of HCI, email id on the website.

If you explain this clearly in the email, they will respond quickly stating either they will process your application before travel date or ask you to come in person and pay tatkal fee and get it done

They definitely respond to emails in which there is a valid cause, the same happened to me, I sent an email and replied as my email was having a genuine cause

On top of every thing, nothing to worry, just send the email with all relevant infor such as name, old passport number, etc.

nathan_nathan

Post by nathan_nathan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:12 pm

If the previous passport was issued in India or London you can get it quickly. I am not sure for what reason they gave a delay for your wife.

I had a similar problem. Since I got my passport renewed in Houston USA they said it will take 1 month. They wanted to get a confirmation from the Houston Indian consulate.I contacted the Houston Embassy and asked them to confirm my details to London embassy.

Once that was done, I followed up with London Embassy and got my pp. however it took about 3 weeks for me.

Your best bet is to make a representation to the concerned officer and seek help.

Singhy

Re: Passport

Post by Singhy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:46 pm

eashkuma4 wrote:You could send an email to Passport section of HCI, email id on the website.

If you explain this clearly in the email, they will respond quickly stating either they will process your application before travel date or ask you to come in person and pay tatkal fee and get it done

They definitely respond to emails in which there is a valid cause, the same happened to me, I sent an email and replied as my email was having a genuine cause

On top of every thing, nothing to worry, just send the email with all relevant infor such as name, old passport number, etc.
Thanks a lot for your response and kind support.

I will now send them an email explaining all the concerns I have and hopefully they will respond. I am more than happy to pay for the Tatkal fee.

Do you by any change know how much time do they useually take in HCI London for an ordinary passport renewal (passport issued in India)?

Regards, Y

Singhy

Post by Singhy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:49 pm

nathan_nathan wrote:If the previous passport was issued in India or London you can get it quickly. I am not sure for what reason they gave a delay for your wife.

I had a similar problem. Since I got my passport renewed in Houston USA they said it will take 1 month. They wanted to get a confirmation from the Houston Indian consulate.I contacted the Houston Embassy and asked them to confirm my details to London embassy.

Once that was done, I followed up with London Embassy and got my pp. however it took about 3 weeks for me.

Your best bet is to make a representation to the concerned officer and seek help.
Hi , thanks a lot for your response.
My wife's passport has been issued in India. They didnt quote the period of 5-6 weeks as a delayed period. They have been quoting this for all passport renewal applications.

I am quite confused because when i got my passport renewed (again issued in India) the end to end took around a week or so.

Singhy

Post by Singhy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Friends - Based on your recent experience @ HCI London : Can anyone suggest on how much time did it take for them to renew the passport ?