ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Expired Passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

london_prem

Previous Expired Passport

Post by london_prem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:52 pm

My Tier1 visa is on my current passport, but I have a previous passport also which is never used for any UK visa etc. The previous passport has some visa stamps from USA and Canada. Do I need to show and include my previous passport? Thanks,

london_prem

Post by london_prem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14 pm

A bit of clarification.... In my earlier question, I meant that "Do I need to include previous passport at the time of visa extension"? Thanks,

rainbow123
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow123 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 pm

I am also in same situation. My old passport wasnot used for uk visa. But since both passports are stapled together , I'm providing details of both the passports.

london_prem

Post by london_prem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:00 pm

My passports are not stapled together. You can easily remove the staple I guess. After reading the application form, I think we don't need to mention previous passport, but it would be good to have expert's opinion.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:24 am

I have applied successfully without submitting all former passports. In my case I only submitted the previous passport which had my original Tier1 G EC vignette & stamp.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:58 pm

london_prem wrote:The new version of Tier1 form says that if I am living in current address for less than 5 years, then provide them only the previous address. In previous forms, they used to ask all the addresses in last few years, but they are not asking that now. Does it mean, I should only provide them only current and previous address? I am asking because I have changed many addresses in last 2 years (about 6).

Thanks,
sagareva wrote:I puzzled over the same question when I was filling it out. I provided only the previous address -- that was the question asked on the form.

After all, if they want addresses before that, they have the police registration certificate and they are all on it -- plus, obviously, I did provide them with my previous extension, because at the time the form asked for them.

After all why would I keep providing the same information to the same government agency over and over again, especially when it is no longer asking?
london_prem wrote:In my case, police registration certificate is not required, as I am from India. I think Indian nationals don't need to show police certificate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: Previous Expired Passport

Post by mulderpf » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:18 am

london_prem wrote:The new version of Tier1 form says that if I am living in current address for less than 5 years, then provide them only the previous address. In previous forms, they used to ask all the addresses in last few years, but they are not asking that now. Does it mean, I should only provide them only current and previous address? I am asking because I have changed many addresses in last 2 years (about 6).

Thanks,
You only have to supply your previous address if you've been at your current address for less than 5 years. That's what I and many other people on here did without any issues.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.