ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query for US citizen in UK

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dikey2809

Urgent query for US citizen in UK

Post by dikey2809 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:29 pm

I need advice with regards to US citizen coming to UK.
I am a British citizen. My mother in law is a US citizen. She is having some health problems for which she is receiving treatment for last 2 years in US. My mother in law had kidney failure and she attends 3 days a week dialysis there.
I want her to visit and stay here in UK with me for few months. I need guidance for the following:
1. Does my mother in law needs tourist visa to visit UK.
2. If she comes to UK how can she receive dialysis 3 days a week in UK. I am happy to explore the insurance for her dialysis in uk.

Please advise on the above so that I am able to plan ahead.

Thanks,

VR

Answers to your queries

Post by VR » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:45 am

For a short visit upto 6months she does not need a visa.
If she has Medical Insurance that covers the cost of her dialysis it should not be a problem at all.

Even otherwise you can have the dialysis done at the NHS and pay for it. They are very strict nowadays and all visitors are monitored strictly when they avail NHS facilities and services.
cheers
vr