ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to become an Immigration adviser trainee?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

4uvak000

How to become an Immigration adviser trainee?

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi, I am following this forum for quite a long time (probably since 2007), though registered recently. I would like to find an immigration adviser trainee job to get some experience. I am planning to go for OISC level 1, though it is a bit complicated information on their official website regarding experience, but even if there is no such requirement, I would like to be an immigration adviser trainee for my own experience. I really love complicated cases based on case laws and outside of rules conditions. I believe that there is no case you can loose. Thanks to this forum I won my own 10-years saga fight with UKBA after 2 solicitors failed to do it and the third solicitor even refused to take my case, saying that it is not possible to win. You cannot imagine how many people were laughing at me when I decided to deal with UKBA on my own without help of immigration advisers such a bad was my case. I cannot give immigration advise, so I found some case laws and Immigration Rules interpretations, which my friend used to win a battle with UKBA without solicitor, who also said it would be impossible. I do not believe in impossible.It simply does not exist. There is a harder or easier way, but there is always a way. So if someone would give me an opportunity I believe that they would never be disappointed. Please PM me.
Last edited by 4uvak000 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi

Not sure whether you have come across this. HO link

The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) is responsible for regulating immigration advisers by ensuring they are fit and competent and act in the best interest of their clients.

However, I must add that there is confusion surrounding who will handle monitoring and improving quality of advisories ISC after the recent decision to split UKBA

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 am

Yes, I spoke to OISC and they confirmed that I should have experience before doing Level 1. Though it should not be a huge experience, I think 30 hours or something... I am still searching for somebody whom I could work along to get that experience. It is like a trap - the companies want to hire people who already OISC registered, and to become an OISC registered the person has to have experience... Am I missing something? It is not a rocket science so everybody can pass at least Level 1 OISC. I understand that some advisers has no understanding in what they doing so OISC tries to make it harder to become an immigration adviser. But OISC should start to do some OFFICIAL courses which would led to some qualifications otherwise it only existing immigration advisers' friends and relatives will be able to become new immigration advisers. I do not think that if I turned up to my local solicitor firm they would agree to let me get that required experience... I never tried though. It seems there are too many immigration advisers at the moment and OISC tries to limit the quantity... But what about quality? If someone has any ideas please share them. Thanks

wassizoe
- thin ice -

Post by wassizoe » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Also please tell which are the places where we can apply for immigration trainee position

Mila
Newly Registered

Re: How to become an Immigration adviser trainee?

Post by Mila » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Can you use your personal experience towards those 30 hours? I am pretty sure you did more than that. Otherwise, have you tried citizens advice bureau for some volunteer work in immigration law?

Amber
Mood:

Re: How to become an Immigration adviser trainee?

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:34 pm

You could gain Level 1 OISC experience at your local CAB or certain AgeUK centres. Level 1 experience would the basic form filling for immigration (inside the rules) and nationality applications. Level 2 would be advising more in depth and looking outside the rules and level 3 would be tribunal work.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.