ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish naturalization application requirements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Irish naturalization application requirements

Post by chaoclive » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:15 am

Hi

1) On the naturalization application form, it notes that documents should be translated by a 'professional translator'. Does anyone know of a cheap company which can do this in accordance with the INIS standards?

I need some Chinese documents translated into English.

2) Re: certified copies: which is cheapest: solicitor/notary public/commissioner for oaths or peace commissioner?

3) Section 14: References. This requires three Irish Citizens who are willing to act as referees for you filling in the form. We will be living in Northern Ireland and most of my family are British citizens. Although they are entitled to Irish citizenship, they didn't apply for it. Does this mean that they are not eligible? Is it really imperative that these people are Irish citizens? I'm worried that it may be difficult to find Irish citizens who know my partner well enough to be comfortable filling in the form for him. :(

Thanks a lot!
Clive

dub007

Re: Irish naturalization application requirements

Post by dub007 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:27 am

http://dculs.dcu.ie/translation-services
and any irish person can gives reference /
chaoclive wrote:Hi

1) On the naturalization application form, it notes that documents should be translated by a 'professional translator'. Does anyone know of a cheap company which can do this in accordance with the INIS standards?

I need some Chinese documents translated into English.

2) Re: certified copies: which is cheapest: solicitor/notary public/commissioner for oaths or peace commissioner?

3) Section 14: References. This requires three Irish Citizens who are willing to act as referees for you filling in the form. We will be living in Northern Ireland and most of my family are British citizens. Although they are entitled to Irish citizenship, they didn't apply for it. Does this mean that they are not eligible? Is it really imperative that these people are Irish citizens? I'm worried that it may be difficult to find Irish citizens who know my partner well enough to be comfortable filling in the form for him. :(

Thanks a lot!
Clive

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks for your reply Dub007 - I'll check out DCU!

On another note: I've been reading about a solicitor called Claire McCarthy based in Cork (website: www.cmcsolicitor.ie/‎). She advertises a complete application package fee of 500Euro which seems very reasonable. However, I'm not sure if she can really deliver the goods. Has anyone used her during their application process?

Please note: I am NOT advertising for Claire McCarthy, but I'd like to get your feelings/views about her services. I haven't used her in the past.

Thanks a lot
C

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Applying for naturalisation is pretty straightforward. I think I completed the form and collected all documents in a couple of days. Unless you had legal trouble in the past or have lots of documents to translate, I think a lawyer is a waste of money. Just take your time, study the application form and ask if you have questions.

I don't know any Chinese translators to recommend. Hopefully someone else will.

dub007

Post by dub007 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Do it yourself don't use solicitor. Its very simple.
chaoclive wrote:Thanks for your reply Dub007 - I'll check out DCU!

On another note: I've been reading about a solicitor called Claire McCarthy based in Cork (website: www.cmcsolicitor.ie/‎). She advertises a complete application package fee of 500Euro which seems very reasonable. However, I'm not sure if she can really deliver the goods. Has anyone used her during their application process?

Please note: I am NOT advertising for Claire McCarthy, but I'd like to get your feelings/views about her services. I haven't used her in the past.

Thanks a lot
C

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:14 am

dub007 wrote:Do it yourself don't use solicitor. Its very simple.
chaoclive wrote:Thanks for your reply Dub007 - I'll check out DCU!

Thanks a lot
C

go to google translate and write the document exactly the way it is and then u click on translate and it translates it to whatever language you want.
NICEANDSMOOTH

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 am

Thanks for the tips.

I speak fluent Chinese and can translate the documents by myself, however, I'm not a 'professional translator'. I've contacted the people at DCU to see how much they charge.

Thanks a lot
C

dub007

Post by dub007 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:59 am

DCU is ok they don't charge as much others do and the are professional translator.
chaoclive wrote:Thanks for the tips.

I speak fluent Chinese and can translate the documents by myself, however, I'm not a 'professional translator'. I've contacted the people at DCU to see how much they charge.

Thanks a lot
C