ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GESE Grade 5

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

params0073

Post by params0073 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:55 am

Official confirmation from HO that the trinity exam -GESE Grade 5
is valid for ILR.(look at page no.35)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... t-partners

Param

Alwi
Newly Registered

Post by Alwi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 am

Could someone answer my questions about new language requirement

How to book GESE test
How to prepare for it
How long does it take

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Alwi wrote:Could someone answer my questions about new language requirement

How to book GESE test
How to prepare for it
How long does it take
you can book it online. There is no need for preparation it's very easy. It takes 10-15 minutes.

Gaffer
Newly Registered

Post by Gaffer » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 am

tulip11 wrote:

How to book GESE test
How to prepare for it
How long does it take
you can book it online. There is no need for preparation it's very easy. It takes 10-15 minutes.
yet takes no more than 10 mins and is just a conversation try the lituk centre on 01268284040 if you are near to basildon they may be doing the english as well as the citizenship test

skahmed
Newly Registered

Post by skahmed » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:05 am

Hi All

After reading all posts on the topic and checking links I have no doubt that trinity college GESE grade 5 is acceptable as an evidence. This is now added on HO approved tests list as well.

Just one silly question for you all specially for tulip11 if you can answer please.

This trinity college qualification is for partners / dependents only or main applicant can also use it as an evidence for language qualification?

Gaffer
Newly Registered

Post by Gaffer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:33 am

skahmed wrote:Hi All

After reading all posts on the topic and checking links I have no doubt that trinity college GESE grade 5 is acceptable as an evidence. This is now added on HO approved tests list as well.

Just one silly question for you all specially for tulip11 if you can answer please.

This trinity college qualification is for partners / dependents only or main applicant can also use it as an evidence for language qualification?
I believe the L2 trinity GESE is a spousal one and of course the L5 for ILR or citizenship also just spoke with the Basildon centre for LITUK and they have now been approved for the english exams

skahmed
Newly Registered

Post by skahmed » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:41 am

Thanks Gaffer.

I just asked because I am going to take this exam next week and just wanted to make sure this is the correct one for main applicants. My wife has passed this grade 5 exam already. She is applying for ILR alongwith me.

Can someone who already got ILR as main applicant using trinitiy grade 5 certificate comment please?

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:18 am

skahmed wrote:Hi All

I was on spouse visa so I applied for my ILR by providing trinity certificate of b1 and Alhamdulillah that was successful.

skahmed
Newly Registered

Post by skahmed » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks alot for the confirmation tulip11 and congratulations on your successfull application.

So this is now confirmed that this works for dependents and they dont need any thing else.

I am sure this works for main applicants too but it would be great if some one can confirm if they have already or whenever they get their ilr application approved using this qualification.

I know I am being over precautious but hope you all understand and help me kill the confusion.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:54 pm

skahmed wrote:Thanks alot for the confirmation tulip11 and congratulations on your successfull application.

So this is now confirmed that this works for dependents and they dont need any thing else.

I am sure this works for main applicants too but it would be great if some one can confirm if they have already or whenever they get their ilr application approved using this qualification.

I know I am being over precautious but hope you all understand and help me kill the confusion.
yeah you are right . I have degree which has been taught in english but I opted for this because its an easy way for me rather than going for verification etc etc which was quite a long way for me :p I know it happens before applying I had such experience as well . All the very best. My pleasure and Thanks alot :)

Alwi
Newly Registered

GESE Exam

Post by Alwi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:41 pm

Thank you for the information about the English Test. Could anyone tell how to prepare for GESE level 5 exam. I have to do it next Tuesday.

tulip11

Re: GESE Exam

Post by tulip11 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 am

Alwi wrote:Thank you for the information about the English Test. Could anyone tell how to prepare for GESE level 5 exam. I have to do it next Tuesday.
tbh there is no such specific preparation for this exam as it's the most easiest and you ill pass it with flying colours. All the best.

skahmed
Newly Registered

Post by skahmed » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:58 am

Gaffer
Newly Registered

Post by Gaffer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Alwi wrote:Thank you for the information about the English Test. Could anyone tell how to prepare for GESE level 5 exam. I have to do it next Tuesday.
there are some videos on the trinity college london site you might find useful

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Gaffer wrote:
Grade 5 videos are also available on Youtube and when you apply online so they will send out the links in email of those videos.

Gaffer
Newly Registered

Post by Gaffer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:26 pm

tulip11 wrote:
Gaffer wrote:
Grade 5 videos are also available on Youtube and when you apply online so they will send out the links in email of those videos.
yes thats right about the videos i got some sent out by the basildon centre just by phoning them on 01268 284040

nash90
Newly Registered

Post by nash90 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:38 pm

I have to get my b1 cefr, however i wrote cambridge olevel exams GCSEs and got a C for english. this was 7 years ago.

Does anyone know if this is exceptable or do i need to retake it and pay 124£

thanks

justyna
Newly Registered

Post by justyna » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:35 pm

tulip11 wrote:

How to book GESE test
How to prepare for it
How long does it take
Agree ..no need to prepare it`s really easy and all U need to do is to take printed form with Your topic...it takes exactly 10 min ...some ppl need 30 sec more for saying good bye to examiner :)

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Passed this exam today. This exam was more like an informal chat with someone about a topic of your choice + a little bit discussion about a topic of the examiner's choice i.e. transport, festivals etc

maasher
Newly Registered

Knowledge of English for Dependent - Ofqual Equivalent

Post by maasher » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Please advise if I can use the IoLET Level 3 Certificate in Bilingual Skill (QCF) for my wife (dependent) as an equivalent qualification of Knowledge of English Level B1. This qualification is listed under Ofqual Qualification Database under No. 501/1191/7 - Level 3. It consists of 5 unites including Listening and Speaking Modules. Please see below the extract from Ofqual.

I am applying for ILR with my wife as a dependent. She has been working for the past 5 years as Teaching Assistant at a primary school in Manchester. She also obtained a qualification in translation and interpreting from the Chartered Institute of Linguist.

I would appreciate your prompt response. Many thanks in advance

Cymraeg | Contact Us | About Us | Accessibility | HelpAdvanced search

Ofqual Logo DfES Logo CCEA LogoThe Register of Regulated Qualifications
The Register
Search Organisations
Search Qualifications
Search Units
Search Diplomas
View Qualification : IoLET Level 3 Certificate in Bilingual Skills (QCF)
Qualification
Qualification Number501/1191/7
TitleIoLET Level 3 Certificate in Bilingual Skills (QCF)
Awarding OrganisationIo L Educational Trust
Fees Price List Url
Qualification TypeQCF
Qualification Sub TypeNone
Qualification LevelLevel 3
Qualification Sub LevelNone
EQF LevelLevel 4
Regulation Start Date01-Sep-2010
Operational Start Date01-Sep-2010
Operational End Date
Certification End Date
Offered In EnglandYes
Offered In WalesYes
Offered In Northern IrelandYes
Assessment Language In EnglishYes
Assessment Language In WelshYes
Assessment Language In IrishYes
SSA12.2 Other Languages, Literature and Culture
PurposeD. Confirm occupational competence and/or 'licence to practice'
Sub PurposeD1. Confirm competence in an occupational role to the standards required
Total Credits25
Min Credits at/above Level25
Minimum Guided Learning Hours125
Maximum Guided Learning Hours125
Diploma Guided Learning Hours125
Barring Classification CodeZZZZ
Overall Grading TypePass/Merit/Distinction
Assessment MethodsOral Examination, Written Examination
Exemptions
none
Structure RequirementsThe learner must choose 1 pathway and complete all 5 units and 25 credits within a five year period
The awarding organisation states that this qualification is appropriate for use in the following age ranges.
Mohammed Maasher

aakkoo
Pakistan

Re: GESE Grade 5

Post by aakkoo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Exam test centres showing me only three test centres in London. Any other test centres in or near Hounslow London.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"