ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Institution requesting certain documents

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EL CHOLO CARAYOL
Newly Registered

Institution requesting certain documents

Post by EL CHOLO CARAYOL » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi,

I am applying for a Tier 4 to study a CMI Level 8 Course at a Private Funded FE/HE institution in London. ( Capital School of Business and Management).

First of all, I have checked on UKBA register of sponsor, its a highly trusted sponsor and QAA stated that they have made acceptable progress from last review.

I have got a Conditional Offer and one of these conditions is:

CSBM has requested to see bank statement for the last 28 days, I suppose to see as a proof that the funds are available.

I am just wondering is that normal practice for HE Institution, to ask to see bank statements.

Is there anything I should worry about here?

They have also asked for deposit, I think that's normal since only after the deposit will they issue a CAS Letter.

Please do let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Regards

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Institution requesting certain documents

Post by bruteforce » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:43 pm

EL CHOLO CARAYOL wrote:Hi,

I am applying for a Tier 4 to study a CMI Level 8 Course at a Private Funded FE/HE institution in London. ( Capital School of Business and Management).

First of all, I have checked on UKBA register of sponsor, its a highly trusted sponsor and QAA stated that they have made acceptable progress from last review.

I have got a Conditional Offer and one of these conditions is:

CSBM has requested to see bank statement for the last 28 days, I suppose to see as a proof that the funds are available.

I am just wondering is that normal practice for HE Institution, to ask to see bank statements.

Is there anything I should worry about here?

They have also asked for deposit, I think that's normal since only after the deposit will they issue a CAS Letter.

Please do let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Regards
Institutions are required to see the evidence of funds maintained as per UKBA regulations before they issue CAS.

EL CHOLO CARAYOL
Newly Registered

Post by EL CHOLO CARAYOL » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the express reply.

I am sorry if it was a bit of a silly question.

Its just that last time I applied for a T4 visa was 2009, I thought no harm in asking.

Anyway a notarised letter from the financial institution, regulated by the Home Regulator specifying the funds available should be fine, shouldn't it?

Regards

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:37 pm

EL CHOLO CARAYOL wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the express reply.

I am sorry if it was a bit of a silly question.

Its just that last time I applied for a T4 visa was 2009, I thought no harm in asking.

Anyway a notarised letter from the financial institution, regulated by the Home Regulator specifying the funds available should be fine, shouldn't it?

Regards
Reading the policy guidance is advised. Read page 32-36 of the policy guidance.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf