ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US visitor visa and green card

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Happy28

US visitor visa and green card

Post by Happy28 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:54 pm

I am in the process of green card application, which is in stage 2. I am currently living in UK and waiting for the green card approval outside the US. My brother in law is going to have wedding in US next March, so I would like to attend his wedding. My question is that does anyone know that if I can apply for visitor visa when I have the green card application in process ?

Thank for all the help here !!

VR

Risks and myths

Post by VR » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 am

You might get your visit visa but yet be denied entry on landing up by the CBP(Border Patrol)at the US. This is a risk not a certainty.

Your I-130 indicates your intention of making US your permanent home i.e intention to stay back on a permanent basis. This will put your visit or any temporary Visa under heightened scrutiny and you will need to carry all the documentation to show that you

-have binding ties to your home country that prove that you intend to return
-plan to stay for only a short time, and
-can pay for your living expenses during your U.S. trip.

Usual Proofs you can carry with you;
You can have an invitation for the marriage
A Valid Return Ticket
bank statements
Details of residence etc in your home country

The risk is increased if you are from a country with a record of high visa refusals.

Factors that could work in your favor are a clean immigration history and track record, no criminal record, no record of refusal of visas and so on.

Good Luck
vr

invorticles
Newly Registered

Apply for the Tourist Visitor Visa

Post by invorticles » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:47 pm

The "visitor" visa is a nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business - B-1, for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2), or combination of both (B-1/B-2) purposes.