ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice needed

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shmivvy
Newly Registered

advice needed

Post by shmivvy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:20 am

Hi Everybody!

Hope someone on here has some advice for my situation.

Myself and my partner are currently on a 457 visa which was granted in September. I was sponsored as a 'Customer Service Manager' and at the time really enjoyed what i was doing. All was going well however as the job was quite different to what i had done previously so i asked for some training, this was a few months ago and never transpired. I then took a day off to go away for a weekend with my partner (my first day off in 9 months) and was subsequently called into the company owners office to say it was unacceptable and he didn't think i was doing my job properly. The hours in my job description are 38 hours, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. So i am usually in at about half 8 and head home about quarter past 5, I have now been told the reports need to be run at 7.30am and i need to be there until the last member of my team leaves (6pm). Considering i live 45mins from work this makes for a long day. I also go to corporate mixers for the company some weekends (which i have never had any problem with) but i feel none of this is appreciated. My team is constantly frustrated as our computer systems are not sufficient and everything crashes quite regularly. We are also understaffed which leads to a lot stress. Generally speaking, most people in the company are unhappy and the turn over of staff is quite high. I feel like I am being taken advantage of slightly as I am still on the minimum salary for the occupation.

My question is how hard is it to switch employers on a 457 visa and would I still have to come under the title of Customer Service Manager or Client Services Manager as i have a bit of BDM and sales experience as well as experience in Social Work client management?

My partner is a Social Worker with an Honours Degree in Social Work so we may be able to apply for a PR skilled visa but not sure what this entails either.

Any help/advice welcome as am feeling a little lost and disappointed with how everything has turned out.

Thanks!!