ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa with invitation for job interview but no sponsorship

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ksenia_ch
Newly Registered

Visa with invitation for job interview but no sponsorship

Post by ksenia_ch » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:51 am

Hi everyone,

I am Russian citizen, took a gap year last February and was travelling the world. Now I got back and look for job in London in HQ of company where I worked for past 8 years (in Russian branch).

I have a good responses and passed few telephone interviews already. They will be happy to see me for interviews in person and ready to grant me letter of invitation, but they don’t want to sponsor my trip.

To be honest I still have good savings and can sponsor myself.

Do you think it is possible to get a Business visitor visa under such circumstances?

- being unemployed
- but invited for job interview
- while sponsoring myself?

Or should I risk it and try Tourist visa, again being unemployed and with no sponsor (except myself).

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visa with invitation for job interview but no sponsorshi

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:41 am

ksenia_ch wrote:Hi everyone,

I am Russian citizen, took a gap year last February and was travelling the world. Now I got back and look for job in London in HQ of company where I worked for past 8 years (in Russian branch).

I have a good responses and passed few telephone interviews already. They will be happy to see me for interviews in person and ready to grant me letter of invitation, but they don’t want to sponsor my trip.

To be honest I still have good savings and can sponsor myself.

Do you think it is possible to get a Business visitor visa under such circumstances?

- being unemployed
- but invited for job interview
- while sponsoring myself?

Or should I risk it and try Tourist visa, again being unemployed and with no sponsor (except myself).
Do they have a sponsorship licence to offer T2 Work Permits?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ksenia_ch
Newly Registered

Post by ksenia_ch » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:44 am

I believe they do, but they dont offer me the job so far. Its still a recruitment process. I would like to have a chance to pass interviews in person. And they ready to offer me the letter of invitation for business visitor visa.

But since I am officially unemployed and not sponsored I dont know if I have a chance to recieve visitor visa under such circumstances.[/quote]

al64
Newly Registered

Re: Visa with invitation for job interview but no sponsorshi

Post by al64 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:27 pm

May I ask how this turned out? Which visa did you apply under and were you successful in obtaining it?