ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self sufficient route for stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Self sufficient route for stamp 4

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Can anyone please provide any suggestions for self sufficiency route? How much funds should be sufficed in the bank accounts for this route?

Since this is a non economical route, which does not involve any activities exercised by the EU citizen, does this mean that an EU citizen could travel out of Ireland for some time whilst the EU1 application is still under process?

Also, using this route can I still apply under Surinder Singh rule for UK family permit in the future?

Thank you

Latintraveller

Re: Self sufficient route for stamp 4

Post by Latintraveller » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Unfortunately you have to be working/self-employed for SS. You can work for just ten hours to qualify though.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:57 am

Sunshine86 wrote:Can anyone please provide any suggestions for self sufficiency route? How much funds should be sufficed in the bank accounts for this route?

Since this is a non economical route, which does not involve any activities exercised by the EU citizen, does this mean that an EU citizen could travel out of Ireland for some time whilst the EU1 application is still under process?

Also, using this route can I still apply under Surinder Singh rule for UK family permit in the future?

Thank you
Thaks Latintraveller.
Can anyone please have any suggestions for how much money one should have in his account to be eligible for eu1? Can EU citizen travel while the application is in process since its a non economical way of exercising treaty rights?

Please, anyone who has used the self sufficient route before?

Thanks

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:12 am

I haven't used this route but I heard it's about 30,000 euros to show self-sufficient.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:52 am

Based on my experience i never came across a definite "definition" of self sufficient. I think ur partner should be involved in some kind of activity in Ireland in order to obtain you the residence card...unless s/he is a millionaire :))

Just suppose you got the residence card on "self sufficient" route, you will have a huge problem in future to get the Permanent Residence card. So i would advise that s/he should definitely work.

Good Luck

Latintraveller

Post by Latintraveller » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:07 pm

I believe it is essential to work/be self-employed to do an SS route back to the UK. As I mentioned above 10 to 12 hours a week is sufficient.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:56 am

Latintraveller is right: you have to be economically active in order to get an EEAFP for the UK under Surinder Singh. Self-sufficient will not be good enough.

Best to consider this carefully...