ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport for a new born baby in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raviskar

Indian passport for a new born baby in UK

Post by raviskar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:58 am

Hi,

We are Indian nationals and staying in UK under HSMP. We had a baby born last week and would like to apply for Indian passport for her.

Can someone please answer my following queries?

1) As I understand, baby's birth has to be registered before applying for the passport for the baby? Can both the applications(for registration and new passport) be sent together?

2) What is the size of the baby's photos required? Is it 3.5*3.5 or 4*4? As the baby is only 1 week old, we are finding it tough to get the correct photos of her. I have managed to get a photo of her with blue blanket in the background, but it has very small textures. Would it be a problem?

3) In the passport application form, what needs to be filled for the question '18: Are you a citizen of India by Birth/Descent/Naturalization Registration'?

4) As I understand, following are the documents required

a) Full birth certificate of the baby and a photocopy of it.
b) Both father's and mother's original Indian passport and photocopies of the same.
c) A self-addressed envelope
d) Postal orders for 17 pounds(new passport) and 15 pounds(registration)

Do we need to send any other documents?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ravishankar.

gg234

Re: Indian passport for a new born baby in UK

Post by gg234 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:45 pm

check this for more information

http://hcilondon.in/children_born.php

john2078
Newly Registered

Post by john2078 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:00 am

I have recently applied for my child passport and we have got the passport.

Documents we have submitted were:

For Birth Registration :

1) Birth registration form
2) Full Birth Certificate and photo copy
3) Origional passport of both the parents
4) Photo copies of passport with Visa page
5) £15

For Passport :

1) Passport form
2) Full Birth Certificate and photo copy
3) Origional passport of both the parents
4) Photo copies of passport with Visa page
5) Two Photos
5) £17

Hope this help

-Joseph

InUkOnHsmp

How many photos

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Forum,

I am about to apply for my newborn daughters passport tomorrow, I got 4 passport size photographs from a high street shop for this purpose.

However I just noticed on the High Commission website that we have to submit the completed passport form and 4 latest passport size photographs.

On the form there is a place to paste one photograph, now I am confused if I need 4 or 5 photographs in all.

Can someone who has done this recently comment on the same?

Also some first hand account of your experience with doing this at the High commission would be appreciated.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

deepto99
Newly Registered

Post by deepto99 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Hello Experts,
I am here on Tier 2 General and had applied for Indian passport for my 4 months old son on 16th Dec 2013 and based on a lot of recent posts on the forum assumed that I would get the passport in 2 weeks. I had made my travel plans to go to India on 18th Jan. I have still not got my son's passport. Upon emailing Indian embassy to find the status of the application, they keep saying "it can take up to 5 weeks".
My situation is not quite simple as changing and postponing my tickets ( not going into the details reasons here ). But the point is I have to travel on that date.
I have 2 questions:
Is there any way to find out the status of the passport application? Do they inform when passport is ready or do you just go after 5 weeks and try your luck?
Can my son travel with me without his passport? What do I need to do for that?

I am really hoping someone can help me.

Thanks,
Deepto

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:30 pm

deepto99 wrote:I have 2 questions:
Is there any way to find out the status of the passport application? Do they inform when passport is ready or do you just go after 5 weeks and try your luck?
1. You'll not receive any notification. You have to check after the stipulated period. The processing time has increased in the recent past and you may need to wait upto 5 weeks. People however have received sooner - within 4 weeks.

2. You have to request HCI for emergency travel document explaining the urgency of the travel.
Considering it's already week 4 since your submission and you have a borderline case it's better that you send the request with supporting documents to HCI and request to expediate.

deepto99
Newly Registered

Post by deepto99 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:46 pm

ban.s wrote:
deepto99 wrote:I have 2 questions:
1. You'll not receive any notification. You have to check after the stipulated period. The processing time has increased in the recent past and you may need to wait upto 5 weeks. People however have received sooner - within 4 weeks.

2. You have to request HCI for emergency travel document explaining the urgency of the travel.
Considering it's already week 4 since your submission and you have a borderline case it's better that you send the request with supporting documents to HCI and request to expediate.
Thanks a lot for your quick response. As you advised, I would like to proceed with requesting HCI to expedite my application. Could you please tell me what documents I need for that?
If HCI comes back and says it cannot expedite the process, can my son travel without passport? What do I need for that?

Thanks,
Deepto

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:28 pm

The child can't travel without a passport or an emergency travel document. There is no set process to expediate. Each case is dealt on its own merit.
You need to submit a covering letter explaining the need/urgency of travel and submit supporting evidences along with letter. If possible visit HCI and submit these documents in person.

deepto99
Newly Registered

Post by deepto99 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:32 pm

ban.s wrote:The child can't travel without a passport or an emergency travel document. There is no set process to expediate. Each case is dealt on its own merit.
You need to submit a covering letter explaining the need/urgency of travel and submit supporting evidences along with letter. If possible visit HCI and submit these documents in person.

Thank you for your help.