ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Derivative Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:31 am

Nat1979 wrote:
mam2 wrote:Pls how about the biometric question posted earlier? Could you help with that? Did you do biometrics? Thanks.
Hi
Sorry I missed the earlier question. I didn't do any biometrics. But that could be because UKBA already holds my biometrics for a visa I had before.
Derivative RC's are another form of EEA RC... they dont hold Bio's... do they ?

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 am

Well,they did put on their website in Nov that from 1st Dec, all applications for leave to remain or enter will require biometrics. unless they put the news on the wrong section but it was at both European section and the other ones as well. I'm sure we will start hearing from them soon re applications pending and of course issueing DRC. I'm staying positive. Stay blessed.
papa2

HiPriest
Newly Registered

New Zambrano test case

Post by HiPriest » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:10 am

This to be held alongside Sanneh v SSWP

http://localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk/inde ... id=111[url][/url]

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:53 am

mam2 wrote:Well,they did put on their website in Nov that from 1st Dec, all applications for leave to remain or enter will require biometrics. unless they put the news on the wrong section but it was at both European section and the other ones as well. I'm sure we will start hearing from them soon re applications pending and of course issueing DRC. I'm staying positive. Stay blessed.
they put the news on the wrong section.

mam2

Post by mam2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:46 am

Thank you Jumbo. I thought so myself.
papa2

GLH2012

Re: New Zambrano test case

Post by GLH2012 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:48 am

HiPriest wrote:This to be held alongside Sanneh v SSWP

http://localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk/inde ... id=111[url][/url]
Thanks for the link. This is very interesting. Discrimination against the Zambrano child is just unfair!!!

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:24 am

NAT1979 CONGRATE ON UR VISA. i would like to ask you some questions. Please when you won the appeal did the Home Office send u a COA to work while waiting for your DRC? and also did they send you a form to fill with 2 passport photo to be sent to them?[/url][/list][/list][/code][/quote]

Nat1979
Newly Registered

Post by Nat1979 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 am

kiss300 wrote:NAT1979 CONGRATE ON UR VISA. i would like to ask you some questions. Please when you won the appeal did the Home Office send u a COA to work while waiting for your DRC? and also did they send you a form to fill with 2 passport photo to be sent to them?[/url][/list][/list][/code]
[/quote]

When I won my appeal the home office completely ignored me for 5 months. No correspondence, nothing. My MP even got involved but yet still no responses. It's only when my solicitor sent them a pre action letter did they respond. I didn't send any forms nor photos. They used the photos I sent with my original application.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Nat1979 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:NAT1979 CONGRATE ON UR VISA. i would like to ask you some questions. Please when you won the appeal did the Home Office send u a COA to work while waiting for your DRC? and also did they send you a form to fill with 2 passport photo to be sent to them?[/url][/list][/list][/code]

thank you Nat for the responses.
i sent my application in september 2012
got my COA on the 19th of october,2012
got a form to fill and send back to home office in 28th of feb
i havent head anything again[/u]

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:23 pm

HI NAT1979 WOULD NEED YOUR HELP HERE. HOW LONG DID YOUR APPEAL TAKE?

sarahassy

Re: Zambrano Derivative Residence Card

Post by sarahassy » Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Nat1979 wrote:Just wanted to share that I got my zambrano residence card today. So happy. After such a long time of waiting I finally have my life back.

My timeline is:

First Applied 23/01/2012
Refused with no right of appeal 23/02/2012
Appeal Anyway 27/06/2012
Judge Allowed the Appeal 24/08/2012
Derivative Residence Card 25/01/2013

PS residence card issued after a pre-action letter for judicial review because of the length of time taken to issued status paper.

God is Good. Have Faith
plse Nat, what did u include in your appeal, need your help Ihave asolicitor but Idon't trust them any more have to collect my own evidences

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Wed May 22, 2013 4:48 pm

[/quote]HI kiss hw long did you wait for your appeal

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 pm

sarahassy wrote:
Sara,all you need to prove to the court is that,you are the primary carer of the british citizen minor.And back it with a case law of the Upper tribunal like the Omotunde Vrs the Sec of state to buttress your case and also the ZH Tanzania to bring out the issue of best interest of the child which UK is under obligation to adhere to in any case involving a child.
Article 3(1) of UNCRC and Article 9 of the UNCRC which is the separation of a child from the parent/primary carer/guardian against their will,which can only be done in the best interest of the child.The homeoffice didnot comply with this declaration making the decision itself unlawful in relation to Article 8(2).

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Thu May 23, 2013 7:56 am

kofi75 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
Sara,all you need to prove to the court is that,you are the primary carer of the british citizen minor.And back it with a case law of the Upper tribunal like the Omotunde Vrs the Sec of state to buttress your case and also the ZH Tanzania to bring out the issue of best interest of the child which UK is under obligation to adhere to in any case involving a child.
Article 3(1) of UNCRC and Article 9 of the UNCRC which is the separation of a child from the parent/primary carer/guardian against their will,which can only be done in the best interest of the child.The homeoffice didnot comply with this declaration making the decision itself unlawful in relation to Article 8(2).
thanx very much kofi. How long did your appeal take.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:06 pm

sarahassy wrote:
kofi75 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
I sent in a request for expedited hearing and they scheduled me for July ending

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 pm

sarahassy wrote:
kofi75 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
It takes a while these days cos of the backlog.I sent a request for expedited hearing and July ending was the earliest they could offer

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Fri May 31, 2013 3:10 am

kofi75 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
kofi75 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
It takes a while these days cos of the backlog.I sent a request for expedited hearing and July ending was the earliest they could offer
July is not far, let me know how it goes plse.Wish you the best of luck.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Hello all, if I want to request for expedited hearing what do I have to do?

Michaelj
Newly Registered

Post by Michaelj » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:06 am

hi nat1979,

What did you submit as part of your cover letter for your application? Did you quote any case law? If so, any advice on what I can include in my application?
Thank you,
Michael

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:38 am

Michaelj, if you check you will see nat1979 posted that March 2013. Chances are they finished with the forum now.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Michaelj
Newly Registered

Post by Michaelj » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Thank you 357mag

abiswaslaw

Post by abiswaslaw » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:04 am

Thanks for sharing great one. Can you pl further confirm (1) if DRC you granted is based on primary career of a child who needs care, the way uk Gov adopt Gambrano - DRC can be granted for carer for British adult too. IRL holder is as equivalent as Britit national, So if I am a primary carer for Brit adult ILR holder - does it qualify for DRC? (2) can you please name the case you won with ref and who was your Sol. Many thanks.