ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen, without the need of visa, for EEA-family members

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marcojr

Schengen, without the need of visa, for EEA-family members

Post by marcojr » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 am

This is a case that's I cannot find...and it's starts to drive me in nuts.The scenario

My wife and 5 years old son: They are Brazilians like me, but now both are duals...Received the hungarian citizenship.However both have Brazilian passports (just like me) and an official certificate where the government of Hungary recognise both as legit hungarian citizens.It means: No Hungarian passports, but tons of documents from embassy of Hungarian.

We wanna go to Hungary to request the passports right there, but we want to entry (Barajas, Madrid) with our Brazilians passports.
If you have a valid Brazilian passport you don't need a visa to entry in Schengen area, but the borders office will request it and perform the usual questions like "How long will be your stay, what is your final destination, etc".

One thing: Our intention is to no go back to Brazil anymore.

According to this url : http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr ... eu-family/

Yes, we can do it.

It's says...

Do they a need a visa?
If you are an EU national but you have family members who are not, they can accompany or join you in another EU country.

Your non-EU family members must carry a valid passport at all times and, depending on the country they are from, may also have to show an entry visa at the border.
-----

So, I deduce that people where a ENTRY VISA is required, this will give you the right to get inside the country.And second: Since your passport has been issued from a country that's does not requires a visa , you are clear to ENTRY with your EEA family member.

But this is my line of though...And I wish to share this though and validate with others more experienced then me because I could be wrong.

Thanks everybody !

fysicus
Netherlands

Re: Schengen, without the need of visa, for EEA-family membe

Post by fysicus » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:09 am

Why can you not simply apply for a Hungarian passport at the Embassy of Hungary in the country where you live (Brazil?)?

marcojr

Post by marcojr » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:46 pm

fysicus wrote:Why can you not simply apply for a Hungarian passport at the Embassy of Hungary in the country where you live (Brazil?)?
Because it's take a very long while.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Regarding your original post. You do not need visa as you are not a visa national. You can choose to enter as tourists.

As wife and family are EU citizens, even without passports demonstrating that, they should be allowed entry as such (provided they can prove this). You, being a family member can also enter as the family member of an EU citizen.

Either way, I can't see what problems you would have.

marcojr

Post by marcojr » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Regarding your original post. You do not need visa as you are not a visa national. You can choose to enter as tourists.

As wife and family are EU citizens, even without passports demonstrating that, they should be allowed entry as such (provided they can prove this). You, being a family member can also enter as the family member of an EU citizen.

Either way, I can't see what problems you would have.
Hey, ! Thanks a lot ! Btw, my concerns is...

1) Enter as tourist, but our luggage will tell a different history :)
2) There is not much articlles over the internet with an oversea scenario for EU citizens without passport (but citizens) and when I found something, it's says that the familiar member need a visa to entry the country, however as Brazilian I don't need a visa, but need a valid passport.And (at least me) if I go to any Schengen country alone with my brazilian passport it does not means that I am allowed to entry just because I don't need a visa.Any country can really refuse me.In other words: With or without visa you are subject to be denied if someone suspect that you don't have intentions to go back and this is my real scenario, so I am trying to figure out if I've RIGHTS to entry, specially because I don't like to liar and I wish to avoid it :)

TYVM !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:25 pm