ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Biometric Card Arrived - Question about valid to date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ducky11

ILR Biometric Card Arrived - Question about valid to date

Post by Ducky11 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick question & apologies if the answer is obvious. I successfully applied for my SET(O) ILR on Friday & the biometric card arrived in the post today. It says that the type of permit is "settlement," but it has a valid to date set as 10 years from now. Is that normal? I was under the impression that I should have permanent residency & not residence capped at 10 years. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Ducky

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Biometric Card Arrived - Question about valid to dat

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:56 pm

the BRP card needs to be renewed every ten years like a passport or drivers licence but ILR is indefinte
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ducky11

Post by Ducky11 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Thanks for the clarification... I had broken in to a bit of a cold sweat! :D

What's the renewal process like? Please don't tell me that it involves another trip to the home office with 200 pages of documents & 1500 quid??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:02 pm

only the card is renewed and updated. current fee is £37 pounds and it is a postal application for a BRP(RC) unless they change it as no one has reached 10 years on a brp as yet.

renewal is obviously not required if you apply for british citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.