ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement by Pakistan Master Degree

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ahmed786786
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement by Pakistan Master Degree

Post by Ahmed786786 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:24 pm

Dear Members,
I am on Tier-2 dependent visa and more than 2 years in UK.My husband going to apply ILR on long residency and I need information regarding meeting English Language requirement by Pakistan Master degree (M.COM) for FLR(M) or SET(M) application.Point based calculator shows zero point.I have checked UK NARIC website and found as follows:

The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability is an officially recognised document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It does not contain any information on the medium of instruction.

The English Language Assessment assesses whether an individual's English language proficiency is equivalent to CEFR level C1, based on completion of an English language test or academic qualifications taught in English.This service comments only on English proficiency and does not include information on the comparable level of the award.

What are your suggestions about how to meet English Language Requirement for FLR(M) or SET(M) applications?
Do I need to apply for both Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment or not?
Do I need to apply Statement of Comparability only and then also request a letter from my university in Pakistan to show that the degree was taught in English?

IF I NEED A LETTER FROM MY UNIVERSITY in Pakistan then please provide me a sample of a letter containing all the necessary information for home office purpose which I need from the university for both my FLR(M) or SET(M) applications.

Kind regards,
Mrs Ahmed

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: English Language Requirement by Pakistan Master Degree

Post by Zee ali » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:49 am

Ahmed786786 wrote:Dear Members,
I am on Tier-2 dependent visa and more than 2 years in UK.My husband going to apply ILR on long residency and I need information regarding meeting English Language requirement by Pakistan Master degree (M.COM) for FLR(M) or SET(M) application.Point based calculator shows zero point.I have checked UK NARIC website and found as follows:

The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability is an officially recognised document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It does not contain any information on the medium of instruction.

The English Language Assessment assesses whether an individual's English language proficiency is equivalent to CEFR level C1, based on completion of an English language test or academic qualifications taught in English.This service comments only on English proficiency and does not include information on the comparable level of the award.

@ahmed786786
what i gathered from your post that u r a master degree holder (M.COM). I think in my point of view sensible thing to do is book an ielts test, fees is 145 pound and pass it. Hopefully u can as u have a master degree according to you and medium of instruction is in english...
i hold a Master degree in Economics from PU and my medium of instruction is also english but as u know it's not mentioned in our degrees about the medium i never tried to look at UK Naric or contact the university (wasting time and money). I passed my ietls instead which is very very easy for me.
So my advice is leave this matter here and pass ielts for peace of mind as well.

What are your suggestions about how to meet English Language Requirement for FLR(M) or SET(M) applications?
Do I need to apply for both Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment or not?
Do I need to apply Statement of Comparability only and then also request a letter from my university in Pakistan to show that the degree was taught in English?

IF I NEED A LETTER FROM MY UNIVERSITY in Pakistan then please provide me a sample of a letter containing all the necessary information for home office purpose which I need from the university for both my FLR(M) or SET(M) applications.

Kind regards,
Mrs Ahmed
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:51 am

@ahmed786786
what i gathered from your post that u r a master degree holder (M.COM). I think in my point of view sensible thing to do is book an ielts test, fees is 145 pound and pass it. Hopefully u can as u have a master degree according to you and medium of instruction is in english...
i hold a Master degree in Economics from PU and my medium of instruction is also english but as u know it's not mentioned in our degrees about the medium i never tried to look at UK Naric or contact the university (wasting time and money). I passed my ietls instead which is very very easy for me.
So my advice is leave this matter here and pass ielts for peace of mind as well.

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:37 am

You either do the test or apply for statement of comparability from Naric and then get a letter from university you graduated from and requesting for a letter stating the degree was taught in English.
To apply for Naric,you need your transcripts and photocopy of your certificate, you can check this out on their website.
There isn't any special way of writing the letter,but it must be on letter headed, stating your name,dated and stating your degree was taught in English,it might be better to use your degree as I believe you did that before masters?
On the other hands,you can do another test and avoid the stress of going to your former school and all that,it depends on the one you prefer.