ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drink Driving and Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alex1982
Newly Registered

Drink Driving and Citizenship

Post by alex1982 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I would be grateful if anyone could kindly shed some lights on this issue for me please.

I received an ILR on the 06/06/2011; however, I was arrested and convicted for drink driving on the 26/05/2011.
As my application was already sent to the home office, I didn't inform them of my arrest ( as the time was so short in between ).

I was given a driving ban for 18 months, reduced to 15 upon completion of the drink driving course.
I was also given a fine, no points though.

I would like to apply for my citizenship at the end of May 2014, as according to the home office guidance, I could apply after three years has passed.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

However, I am worried that the home office might refuse my application and also cancel my ILR as I got my conviction before I received my ILR and didn't inform them.
As I mentioned, my application had already been sent to the home office and I received it a week or so after my conviction.

I wonder if anyone else has been through something similar and has had success in their citizenship application?

Thank you for all of you who replies.

Alex

johnj1

Re: Drink Driving and Citizenship

Post by johnj1 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi,
I just posted my story about drink driving conviction on November applications timeline now on page 19, you can pls check it.
Best of luck.