ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my kids have an irish father

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ade2014
Newly Registered

my kids have an irish father

Post by ade2014 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:51 am

hi i don't know if some can adverse me how to apply irish passport for my kids because we had them in uk before there dad got his citizenship in irland last year so we know what to do jet weather to neutralise them or to apply for irish passport for them straitght away we don't know please i need adverse thank you

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: my kids have an irish father

Post by chaoclive » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:13 am

I'm not an expert but they shouldn't need to do anything around naturalization.

You can see this:
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/tr ... tml#lc4b2a

Might be a good idea to contact the Citizens Information Board

I hope it helps
C

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Re: my kids have an irish father

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:11 pm

IF the children were born outside Ireland BEFORE their father got Irish citizenship they are not Irish citizens and will need to apply for naturalisation under the usual rules.
IF they were born on the island of Ireland (including Northern Ireland) before he got Irish citizenship then they may be citizens, if he had lived legally in Ireland for three of the four years immediately before birth.
If the children were born AFTER he got Irish citizenship then they are citizens and can apply for Irish passports immediately.
Are the children currently living in Ireland and if so how many years have they spent living in Ireland? This is relevant if they need to apply for citizenship.
BL