ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Required to carry to enter UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baburao.rame

Documents Required to carry to enter UK

Post by baburao.rame » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi All

I got my UK Tier 2 visa recently and will be travelling soon. I wanted to know, what all documents I need to show at the immigration , when I enter UK ?

In my case the company had issued the letter towards the maintenance for me and my fly for first month.

Thanks
-Rane

bonrajee
Newly Registered

Re: Documents Required to carry to enter UK

Post by bonrajee » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Passport
Visa
Employment Offer Letter
Maintenance Letter
Tuberculosis screening (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixt/)

They may ask whats your job role and your place of work and place you going to live.

Unless otherwise, its pretty straight forward.

Good Luck

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:40 pm

When I relocated, I carried copies and original (where applicable) of each document, in my hand luggage, that I had submitted during the Entry Clearance Application.

Other than that, you definitely need the original for TB Screening Certificate for you (and your spouse and/or dependents - if applicable) and well, the passport. Keep your offer letter, a copy of your CoS and some initial accommodation details/hotel voucher handy (My employer had booked a Hotel for us for the first few weeks, in my case).

At the border control, I gave my passport and the TB screening letter along with it. IO took the biometrics, asked a couple of questions (What will I be earning, Where will I be based etc.) and that's it. Easy peasy Japanesy.

baburao.rame

Post by baburao.rame » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks Guys for your kind response.