ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOLIDAY VISA for thai girlfriend, i am unemployed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dmax

HOLIDAY VISA for thai girlfriend, i am unemployed

Post by dmax » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:59 pm

hello,
i am seperated 4 years now and soon to divorce from my wife. i have a girlfriend and i want her to come to uk on holiday for 2 months in july.

i am unemployed and long term incapacitated with terminal illness.

can i get a holiday visa for my girlfriend. either the EEA route or the UK holiday visa route .

THANKYOU

dmax

dmax

Re: HOLIDAY VISA for thai girlfriend, i am unemployed

Post by dmax » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 pm

i should have asked , does anyone know of any good lawyers in ireland or uk who can advise me on such issues .

thankyou

dmax

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:15 pm

best not to mention shes coming to see boyfreind or they might assume she might try to stay. just go for holiday visa but she will need to show enough funds and has a return ticket when she goes thru customs.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

dmax

Post by dmax » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:05 pm

hi,
thankyou, i have some questions.

i am long term incapacited , is this an obstacle ?

which route should i use the EEA permit since i am from belfast and hold both uk and irish passports ?

will my marriage situation be an obstacle , as i say i am now seperated 4 years allreay.

dmax

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:18 pm

General visitor, as a girlfriend is not a family member.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Having both passports would not enable you to use the EEA family permit (in fact, the opposite is true).

Go for the general visitor visa and don't mention anything about her visiting a boyfriend.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Be aware however that if she fails to mention her relationship with you in the visitor visa application she will have a major problem if she later applies for a fiancee or spouse visa and has to state how long you have known each other. All information submitted stays on record.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.