ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DCPR after Brexit

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arturpl

DCPR after Brexit

Post by arturpl » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:39 am

Hi all. Just a quick question... The DCPR (EEA) is issued to EEA citizens based on EU permanent residency law. Woud that mean that after Britain departure from EU this DCPR will no longer be valid? .... simply EU law will be no more. Looking at very recent parliamentary debate that voted against securing rights of EU citizens (all with and without DCPR) everyone are in a big limbo. unfortunately...

alterhase58
Germany

Re: DCPR after Brexit

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:28 am

Nothing has yet been enacted relating to PR or status of EEA citizens as UK is still in the EU. All I understand is there is to be a new immigration act and the repeal bill. Status that has been gained lawfully in the past cannot just be revoked, I would expect that PR gained in the past will be honoured, with some kind of transition for those that were on the way to it, all based on a key date. Best thing everyone can do is have their status documented which will make the aftermath a bit easier, hopefully. If you are here for the long-term and you qualify consider applying for naturalisation now or asap, then nothing more to worry about..
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rooibos
Member of Standing

Re: DCPR after Brexit

Post by rooibos » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:38 pm