ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Poland overtakes india

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Poland overtakes india

Post by abhisheks9 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

secret.simon

Re: Poland overtakes india

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:11 pm

It has taken Poland only 12 years in the EU to get the same number of migrants in the UK as it took India about 50 years outside the EU. Impressive.

Then again, EU Commission President Juncker is on record as saying that national borders are the worst invention ever. He should know, having been Prime Minister of Luxembourg, a country that only came into existence about 120 years ago after centuries of disputes between France, the various states of Germany as then and the United Provinces (as the Netherlands was then) and being invaded repeatedly during both World Wars. I doubt he would see any value in the sanctity of borders with his background.

Anyway, the source statistics from the Home office are linked to below, in case anybody wishes to read through them.

Immigration Statistics April to June 2016

User Guide to Home Office Immigration Statistics covers how they are compiled and to be interpreted.

Policy and legislative changes affecting migration to the UK: timeline - An extremely useful link to the various changes to the UK Immigration Rules in one document. I suggest that the moderators add this link to a reference thread.

Song humming in my mind at the moment: I want to break free by Freddy Mercury, a Parsi (Iranian refugee in India) whose family moved from India to Zanzibar and then had to flee from Zanzibar to the UK after the revolution there.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:50 pm

No surprise there what you earn in a month in Poland you can earn in a week in Britain.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:38 pm

njoy1987 wrote:No surprise there what you earn in a month in Poland you can earn in a week in Britain.
This may well not be the case much longer as Poland's economy is becoming one of the fastest growing non-euro economy of the A8 countries.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors