ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Birth registration after one year of birth of child

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paboluuk

Getting Birth registration after one year of birth of child

Post by paboluuk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi All,

This is with regards to my youngest daughter, now she is above 1 year and I wish to get Birth certificate. Could some one please let me know the procedure for this.

Thanks

Casa

Re: Getting Birth registration after one year of birth of ch

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Assuming from your post that your child was born in the UK, you were legally required to register the birth within 42 days and there is a financial penalty for not doing so.

Didn't you receive a notification from the authorities asking why your baby hadn't been registered :?:

https://www.gov.uk/register-birth/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Re: Getting Birth registration after one year of birth of ch

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Nothing to do with ILR.
Moved to appropriate forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.